main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader in ROTJ...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by tun_dot_com, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tun_dot_com

tun_dot_com Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    Tell me something. What color are Vader's eyes when Luke takes his mask off? They look BROWN...but aren't Anakin's eyes supposed to be blue? I could be wrong here, but from the video, it definitely looks brown. Does the dark side change your eye color? 8-}

2. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    The dark side changes your eye color to yellow (see the emporer and Maul). I am not sure what color Anakin's eyes were at the end of Rotj. Maybe someone has a pic.

3. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    Tyrannus doesn't have yellow eyes.

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    He'd been living in a life support system for years on end. Maybe his iris collapsed or something.

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. FogeyKenobi

FogeyKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2003
    He could be wearing contacts....

6. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Or maybe...JUST MAYBE...it was just a different actor.

...maybe not. :)

7. Han_So_Low

Han_So_Low Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    Anakin had replaced his eyes with special "mood" altering eye balls after Ep.3 because it was the "in thing" to do at the time. Palpatine didn't find this amusing and made him wear a mask!

It was due to Anakin's tatoos that Vader had to wear that body suit. See after Maul, Palpatine decreed that Sith weren't supposed to get into fashion, it cost too much and made them look "dated".
    Anakin being the rebellious 20 something didn't listen... this caused him to get "zapped" a couple of times by Palpy and have to dress as Vader as punishment.

Luke and Leia were TWINS and they had different eye colors. Maybe G.L. figured if no one noticed THAT, he could get away with doing the same thing to Anakin! ;)

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    The "dark side changing the person's eye color" theory is interesting. Tyranus didn't have yellow eyes, but you have to explain Palpy somehow. I guess it makes sense that the dark side might have that effect on people who use it frequently enough or deeply enough just based on the other physical effects it seems to have on them. (We could also ask whether we even know for sure that the dark side causes aging - neither Palpy nor Vader was in great shape, but then, Palpy was old and Vader had barely escaped death.)

BTW, just to let you know, there's nothing impossible about fraternal twins having different eye colors. ;)

9. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't think you can really tell...*squints* His eyes are kinda hard to see, at least on my TV...

I do recall seeing a lot of fanfics long before TPM came out where Anakin was said to have blue eyes, so perhaps some people just assumed since Luke has blue eyes, Anakin does. *shrugs*

Edit: And I don't think people's eyes change colors when they're dark siders; Dooku is a dark sider and he doesn't have yellow eyes. The only exception might be Palpatine-that he's lived with it so long that it's basically taken over his body. But for Maul? That could be chalked up to a natural eye colour of his species. For Vader? We can never see his eyes while he's a dark sider. For Dooku? So far Dooku's eyes aren't yellow. So with the exception of Palpatine, I don't think the darksiders change eye colour thing is true.

10. amien

amien Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    His eyes are brown at the end of the movie, I remember seeing that and thinking it was odd.

11. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Let's take a look at Anakin's eyes!

[image=http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/gallery/Original_Trilogy/Characters/Darth_Vader/vader_081.jpg]

[image=http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/gallery/Original_Trilogy/Characters/Darth_Vader/vader_080.jpg]

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That last pic almost akes Anakin seem like a ventriliquist dummy to Luke...

"Father..I won't leave you...without drinking this glass of water!"

"You were right..."

13. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I have no problem with the fact that, in the long run, the Dark Side of the Force will change your body somewhat. Look at Palpatine, he definitely hasn't aged normally and his eye color is nearly a glowing yellow. :confused: Why couldn't it be a side effect of the intense manifestation of evil over so many years? As for Maul, his eye color may well have been yellow naturally. Afterall, have we ever seen Darth Maul before he became an agent of the Dark Side? Of course not!

I do think that the Dark Side was beginning to affect Maul though, just look at his decaying teeth. [face_mischief] They are just like Emperor Palpatine's teeth. [face_shocked] You cannot tell me that a sophisticated man like Palpatine would have no interest in tooth care, so it is only natural to assume that this too is a side effect of wallowing in the Dark Side for many many years. According to the EU, Maul was an apprentice trained in the ways of the Sith since his childhood, so who knows how many years old he actually was! :confused:

As for Dooku, is it illogical to assume that he simply isn't showing any side effects YET? Consider the fact that he was a Jedi Knight until recently. Both Maul and Palpatine are heavily involved with the Dark Side for many more years that Dooku could have been at the point in which we see him in Episode 2. Had Dooku survived into the OT time frame, I believe that his eyes would have begun to yellow and that he would have rotten teeth too! ;)

14. KING_ZIXOR

KING_ZIXOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    I agree with Jamus totally. Dooku wasn't a Dark Sider for nearly enough time.

15. arielthalandra

arielthalandra Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    In Anakin's death scene, he's, well, dying. His pupils are going to be dilated, especially since it's pretty dark. So he could still have blue eyes, only the pupils have obscured the iris. It's not that hard to figure out.

16. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think they are blue, especially after seeing the 2nd picture D_Lowe posted. :)

17. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Vader was a Sith for 24 years and yet he never got yellow eyes. It just takes time sometimes. That also tells me that Dooku won't have yellow eyes in Episode III.

18. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    Come on George, these crappy VHS captures are too low resolution, we need the OT on DVD to see what color Anakin's eyes were in ROTJ! :mad:

Waitaminute!

There's a picture of the actor that played Anakin in ROTJ (Sebastian Shaw) on the SW:Behind the Magic CD.

Unless he's wearing contacts in ROTJ, there lies the answer... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.