main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Vader in the new trilogy theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sunbloom, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    What if Luke is guarding Vader's grave, where he buried his remains, because he is afraid Snoke and Kylo would resurrect him somehow, but his head was stolen by Kylo anyway. Though Kylo probably cannot resurrect Grandpa without the rest of the body, that's why he wants to find Luke's location so much, because that it leads to his beloved Grandpa's burial place.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Since when was Vader decapitated?

natureboy76 and Lord Nikon like this.
  3. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    I don't think any part of Vader made it off Endor except his lightsaber and his melted helmet.

The funeral pyre was exactly that. Burning the remains. No need to take them to a Jedi Temple.

Kylo wants to get to Luke to kill him. Full stop.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Seeing His burnt Helmet in TFA was enough for me.. :(

5. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    LOL Luke decided it was easier to store him at home in pieces.

6. Phasma's Armor Polish

Phasma's Armor Polish Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    Yeah, Kylo wants to kill Luke cos Snoke has manipulated him into thinking that the Jedi are evil and Luke is the key to their resurgance. I get the feeling we will see Vader in ghost form/force vision in the next film, i'd like to think that Vader would appear to Kylo and Anakin would appear to Rey, showing the balance between the light and the dark side.

jc1138 likes this.
  7. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    What if Palpatine would appear to Kylo?

8. Phasma's Armor Polish

Oct 29, 2015
    What purpose would that serve though? Vader was very much a character like Kylo, he experienced both sides of the force and went from one side to the other and then back again.

9. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    There is no Darth Vader. Anakin Skywalker ceased to be him, and died Anakin Skywalker. There is no Darth Vader.

He can't appear to Kylo.
    He can't speak to Kylo.
    He can't be ressurrected.

Because he doesn't exist.

10. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015

It was stated by Lucas himself that Anakin's body underneath his amour disappeared when he (physically died) becoming one with the force. Same as what happened to Obi Wan & Yoda. So that scene in ROTJ where Luke holds a private funeral service for his father, he is only burning away the armor, since his fathers body disappeared. He does this as a meaning of Anakin once again returning to the light & leaving the dark side for dust. So no, that wouldn't be Vader's actual skull that Kylo has in his possesion. Although I'm not entirely rulling out a possible intention for a resurrection. It may be, that Kylo wants both the mask & Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber so he could try something of sorts if possible. Only time will tell :)

DaveyWanKenobi, dekaneas and SegNerd like this.
  11. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    Whose skull is it, his old dog "Chewie"? Ewok?
    Jar Jar Binks!!

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just hope it doesn't come down to some major interaction scenes between Hayden Christensen as a force Ghost and well.....anyone. That would ruin it for me.

13. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Nah. Dead is dead. The sith don't leave force spirits, remember?

14. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    Err.. We've already seen TWO force ghosts of Anakin in ROTJ!

15. goincommando

goincommando Jedi Master star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Post-redemption. Anakin the Jedi was portrayed, not Vader the Sith.

16. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Anakin wasn't your average Jedi/Sith. Rules can be bent, he verges on a force of nature, being half the force incarnate and all

Thomo93 likes this.
  17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    This. Though in Kylo's mind he views them as seperate people. That Anakin was redeemed, and not Vader.

18. Phasma's Armor Polish

Oct 29, 2015
    I'm of the firm belief that he has already communicated with Vader by the events of TFA, Kylo says "show me AGAIN" when talking to Vader's helmet, unless Kylo has been having so crazy visions it must have been Vader.

19. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Yeah but, if one becomes a Force Ghost, then don't their bodies disappear? Anakin did become a Force Ghost. The burning in ROTJ was just the suit being burned, no?

DaveyWanKenobi and clone3131 like this.
  20. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015

After that scene I was convinced that Snoke has created a Vader force ghost to lead Kylo down the dark side

21. Darth Early

Darth Early Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2015
    How can you resurrect someone who already resurrected? He is a force ghost and remains of his body don't exist. Plus his armor was burnt at the end of ROTJ.

Your theory doesn't hold water.

But I guess Disney could do anything...

DaveyWanKenobi likes this.
  22. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Pretty sure his lightsaber when down that huge powershaft that cooked the Emperor..... unless you talking about something else?

23. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    I bet Kylo's visions of the dark are coming from Snoke, but Snoke is convincing him that they're coming from Vader. Much like the theory that Anakin's visions of Padme's death were coming from Palpatine.

An interesting idea: Snoke is giving Kylo visions that steer him toward the Dark Side, but the "temptation of the light" is coming from Vader's helmet. THAT would be a cool twist.

jc1138 and Nanatorium like this.
  24. mute90

mute90 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    This. If Anakin could continue to exist in Vader, then Vader could continue to exist in Anakin. And what does that mean if Anakin becomes a force ghost? That Vader went with him? It's an interesting possibility: Anakin appearing to come as two different people to Kylo/Rey but, in actuality, just being one person with shifting forms. They could even work that into him being the chosen one. He's the representation of balance, existing within both light and dark within the force.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015

I wouldn't beopposed to Hayden appearing to Kylo and being like, "Yo...I was good, then became bad, and became good again. You can still do the same. Its not too late." and Kylo being like, "Nooooooo".

/s

Mulgir and Thomo93 like this.