main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Vader in the new trilogy theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sunbloom, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    Yes lol

2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

If your implying that all acting throughout Star Wars was a problem, than I agree. If your implying it's only a problem in the prequels and not in the OT, than I highly disagree.

yodarulzall and james92rogers like this.
  3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I never got the impression it was his physical head, just helmet.

4. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    With huge Jar Jar teeth?

5. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I must've missed that. I've only seen it once so far.

6. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    Google images "vader helmet force awakens" :D

although that could be his voice modulator elements...

7. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    I think Rey's vision when she touched the lightsaber sort of adds a new layer to the Force that we haven't seen before: Artifacts have memories. It may be that Kylo Ren references visions he's seen through touching Vader's artifacts as Vader 'showing him' (he said "show" not "tell"). That visual dictionary image of Anakin could be young Darth Vader in a force vision that Kylo Ren sees. ...i.e. just a vision like Rey had, but of Darth Vader during the Jedi purge or something like that.

I think part of the rumor that I heard about a year ago was that Hayden Christenson was 'getting in shape' for the role. Who knows what truth there was to that, but it could be interpreted as him getting acclimated to shoot some sort of lightsaber fighting scene. Why would he need to 'get in shape' if he was just going to be a ghost giving counsel? This would make perfect sense of how there are two versions of Anakin. The actual force ghost Anakin is good and counsels Luke. ...but there are force visions of Vader at the height of his darkside power that Kylo Ren sees.

8. Darth JarJar

Darth JarJar Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    I never understood, why Luke put his fathers helmet back on before he burnt him. He could have taken all of the Vader Costume of and destroyed it, while burning his father with a Jedi Bath Robe.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I have a question:

In Ren's chamber, there's a shot where he slams his helmet down after taking it off. It looks like what he sets it in is a indoor open wood stove.

Could those be Anakin's ashes? It sure looked like ashes from something.

10. Mulgir

Mulgir Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    Those have to be voice modulator elements, not even jarjar's teeth were that big lol

11. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004

It certainly does look like ashes, and there's a theory that Ren went to Endor to collect the Vader helmet (and theoretically could have gotten the ashes from the pyre as well). ...the problem with that is that it would have been ~20 years after it was burned and those ashes would have been long gone, and why would Ren keep those ashes in that interrogation room (where Rey was)? That wasn't Ren's office where the Vader mask was, but just an interrogation room where Rey happened to be.

ShaneP likes this.
  12. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Well if they are ashes then it's not just any old interrogation room. Isn't it in the same room where Ren is talking to Grandpa Vader?

13. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I have a screen-used stormtrooper helmet I'd like to sell ya.....

Fakes are sold in collector markets ALL THE TIME. Since we know Vader's lightsaber tumbled down that shaft and that the Death Star 2 was subsequently blown up, I think it's pretty clear it was likely a fake. The point of that interlude was about a growing Vader cult, not the lightsaber.

14. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I think it's the empty helmet and ashes. Also, I think those are the "mouth grill" part from the helmet and not teeth.

15. DarthPoojaNaberrie

DarthPoojaNaberrie Jedi Master star 5

Jun 21, 2005
    In the original novelization of ROTJ it says his body was burned.

Later in the prequel-era, George/Lucasfilm/whoever decided if your body disappears you can be a force ghost, otherwise you can't. So all materials from that point forward specifically mention Luke burning Vader's armor.

It's lolerz

Thomo93 likes this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe he's a heavy smoker cause he's nervous wreak.;)

Yea, I wondered the same thing. But why would he separate the helmet from the ashes and place the ashes in his torture chamber . Does he sniff the ashes to get high on evil so he can do what must be done, what gives?! Could be ashes from his victims, that chair is also made for killing Jedi as Kylo like Vader is tasked with hunting them down.

ShaneP likes this.
  17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Darth Vader himself may have ceased to exist, I doubt there will be a reincarnation or force ghost of him (an Anakin force ghost is more likely).

However, Kylo may have dreams or visions in which Vader could still appear. Not the real Vader of course, but an illusion. Something similiar to the last finished TCW episode where an illusion of Darth Bane appeared to Yoda in a vision. The Vader illusion could haunt Kylo and tell something to him like: "You will never be as powerful as me!". That could work.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

18. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL! It's a darkside ashtray. A gift from Supreme Commander Smoke. :p

[​IMG]

Vorax likes this.
  19. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004

That is possible. ...if Ren specially had her put in his chamber or office or whatever. It didn't seem like that though. It just looked like an empty room with the interrogation chair and, oddly, that table of what looked like ashes.

20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Yeah I don't get that. It looked like an open fire pit you can buy from Home Depot. :p

21. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    There was something about artifacts having power stored in them in the EU (which might help explain why Rey's abilities really start manifesting AFTER she touches it). But yeah, IDK if "Force visions" came along with that or not?

22. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I had the exact same thought. He slams it down into a bowl, that looks like it contains dirt, gravel, and ashes. And my immediate thought was "wait, he has Vader's helmet with him. So if he picked that up off of the old funeral pyre on Endor, then did he also literally scoop up some of the soil as well, just to get some of Vader's ashes?"

Given how obsessed he seems to be, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did just that.

And as for him having them in the torture room, perhaps he moved them there just for Rey's interrogation. We don't see the bowl there when he tortures Poe, nor does he take off his mask. And he does seems to either know/have some idea of who Rey is, or at least have some interest in her/her abilities. So perhaps it was a sort of "special occasion" for him?

ShaneP likes this.
  23. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004

Yeah I'm sure it's in EU. I know it's been in games, including SW games. ...just the idea that, say in a game, you find the crystal from Obi-Wan's lightsaber. It's guaranteed that that crystal is going to be more powerful than just a random one. It's +3 perception hehe.

24. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    And this is a lightsaber that both Anakin and Luke owned. So, if that's the idea that they're going with, then this thing would have LOTS of power stored up.

25. forceNZ

forceNZ Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2015
    Such sadness when I saw it. Though it was freaken awesome. :p

B99 likes this.