main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Vader Is Anakin: Who Knew?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by The Laserbrain, Jun 23, 2013.

1. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Yet we're analysing the saga or trilogy as a whole here. If we're analysing this from the perspective of when ANH was written, the thread topic is void.

2. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    yes but it was written wanting a bigger story so was written with many possible outcomes, GL knew he was writing in the middle of a bigger story he just was not sure where it began and ended i think.......not wanting to double post.....i love the fact that the galaxy as a whole thinks Vader killed Anakin making Obi Wans story slightly more true and really powerful. Would love to see that scene of Vader bragging that he killed the most powerful jedi that ever lived, when actually it was Obi Wan/himself

3. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    That makes sense as well.

4. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I only said it's not conclusive evidence for one side or the other. Not that it couldn't be used as part of a holistic 'theory'.

5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Obi-Wan says to Luke that Vader, although not Anakin, "was a pupil of mine." Did people ask Luke, "What other pupil did Obi-Wan have?"

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Death Star novel paints Tarkin as more "strongly suspecting" Vader is Anakin, rather than knowing for certain.

7. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Anyone watching the security cameras. There are probably a few more people, but that's all in the EU spread across a dozen novels.

8. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Add my vote to the "Yes Tarkin knew" group. Seeing Tarkin at the end of E3 demonstrates he was already a high ranking member of Palpatine's regime, so it isn't like he popped up on the scene after Anakin donned the suit. I think he knew what was going on.

9. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    The ROTJ novelization and original screenplay had Owen being Ben Kenobi's, not Anakin's, brother. I think that based on the events of E3 and E4 that Owen and Beru clearly know.

Mr. K likes this.
  10. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    CaptainHamYoyo already corrected me on the novelization point. Understand, I haven't read that book since the 80's. But I knew there was some weird connection. Owen as Ben's brother is even better. I wish GL had kept that relationship intact.

11. Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan

Vaapad Master Daeg Tynan Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    I agree here as well. I hate to use TCW as source for much of anything, however there are some interesting scenes throughout the latter seasons that show a relationship developing, albeit adversarial and non-trusting, between the two characters.... and the scene at the end of EpIII reinforces that they were acquainted... not too far of a leap methinks...