main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Vader is here!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lelila, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Or more specifically, he is at the post office. Unfortunately I won't have time to pick him up before Wednesday because I have three exams between now and then, i.e. this weekend is totally out for me in terms of taking pictures (sorry :().

These are the dates that are good for me:
    Wednesday Dec 15 (day only)
    Thursday Dec 16
    Friday Dec 17 (day only)
    Sat Dec 18 (after 12)
    Sunday Dec 19 (in the early afternoon ONLY because I need to be in Toronto at night, and Vader is coming with me)

I think the Sat or Sun would be best for most people - I know that Matt wanted to come up, and I know that he has the day off on the Sunday, so that might work better for him (and then I could help him with gas if he gives me a ride back afterwards).

So please please please even if you've talked to me, post here and tell me which of these days work for you. I have 3 exams in the next 5 days, so I don't have the time to PM everyone and ask them.

2. Granite

Granite Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    Friday... or the saturday if it is before Janet drives us up north for a family thing.

3. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Sunday would work ok here. I could drive up and give you a lift back.
    Wednesday i'm not working, but i'll also have no car so i would have to bus it up and back the same day...

4. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    I don't think I could make it on the weekend, I have to be in Hamilton. But say hi to him for me!

5. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Sunday is out for me, unless it's Sunday night, since Dad's family is having dinner (lunch or supper, I don't know) on Sunday. Saturday is best for me, I'm not going up to my dad's till late in the day, and I'm switching a shift for the weekend off, so I know Thursday is out for me. Friday is ok though if it's during the day, unless I"m only switching the thursday, then the night is ok....

anyone confused yet? When I find out who I'm switching with, and what days, I can say better.

6. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    So Janet, you and Peter can do Friday.
    What about you, Sylvia? Can you do Friday at any point?

7. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I work Friday around 6 pm (assuming the trade goes through, but it should.)

Thursday and Saturday work best for me, or Friday during the day.

8. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Friday during the day maybe... Depends if I can get a ride or if my family is busy doing the christmas thing. If I can come, can Damien come too? He's visiting :)

9. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    'course he can :)
    So it looks like Friday afternoon is a go then!
    Hopefully we can bang out the transportation details, if there are five of us, maybe we can take one car (please and maybe?) ;)

Also, do we want to do costumes as well? I believe that some of the other chapters have done that. Maybe let's bring them since we all have them?

Will post more details as they develop.

10. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Why couldn't any of this have happened while I still lived there??

11. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm tempted to crash the party... since I have no work right now...

12. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    *gives grey_starr an official "admit one to crash party" ticket*

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    cool, now we just have to pick a location. Anyone remember that poll I put up a month ago? I think two people voted.

14. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Victoria park with the lights and decorations :)

15. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Crash away, maestro :)
    Slight problem though guys...I forgot that I have to be on campus for 2 because I have an exam review. I have no idea how long it would take, I'm sure more than three hours. Janet, you work at 6, right? So is early afternoon (12-2) doable?

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I could do that.

17. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Okay...awesome.
    Sylvia is that okay with you? And Janet would it be possible to pick 'em up?

18. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    tomorrow eh?... how long does it take to get there from Milton anyway?... hmmm... so what is the plan then?... take pics and then run seperate ways?... or doodle about waiting for Debbie to finish playing in school?...

19. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    It looks like we'll be meeting at 12 at the Banting/Diabetes museum. Feel free to come in costume, but I have to warn that it'll be cold, after all, it's snowing. We can go to Timmy's afterwards or Williams, if you want to spend more money.

The museum is on the corner of Queens and Adelaide, and there is a parking lot that surrounds it. If anyone needs a ride, let me know, and I'll arrange transportation. If you need directions, let me know too.

The reason we picked the museum is that there are several things to take pictures of there, and Victoria park really looks much better at night. Plus, this is something that people all over the world may be interested in. Plus no one gave any indication of interest in another place other than Victoria park.

20. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Change of time, we are actually meeting at 5:15 at the Banting Museum.

21. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Well... Samantha isworking, and no sitter... so I've got to stay with my girls... asuming your still talking Friday (17th)... sorry... I blame working... no one should have to work...

22. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    *hugs* it's okay.
    Sylvia and Janet both have to be somewhere at 6, and if I don't spend all the time I can studying, there will be hell to pay. No point in driving all that way for a 1/2 hr event.

23. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    G'ah! Sylvia, we missed you!
    We were at Banting waiting and then at Victoria Park but didn't see you at either :(

24. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    I'm sorry! We were late :( We went to Banting house and didn't see you there, then Victoria park on the off chance we'd meet up there. We checked Williams to, no luck.

Bah, we should have left more time to get across London :(

25. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    This is when Cell phones do help eh?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.