Rumor Vader-ish person spotted at Pinewood

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by robo_obi, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
  2. CairnsTony Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_rofl]

You have just made a day! Oh if only they'd replaced Anakin's legs with a big wheel... I could see him trundling down the corridors of the Death Star, especially if the wheel had a bit of a squeak.
  3. TtheForceHurts Force Ghost

star 4
    As I already said in the Baddie thread, I could see the villain (Driver) being a Vader devout, getting the burnt remains from Endor as a reliquiary and creating a Vaderish armor for himself, even going as far as self mutilating himself in his fervor to become as close to Vader as possible. BUT if you only take ANH into account (which seems like THE big inspiration for EPVII designwise), there are several uniform designs that are black and feature helmets:

First and foremost the TIE- Fighter pilots, in this pic you can better see how big the helemts are in relation to their body:

[IMG]

or one of my favourite action figures in the 80's, the Imperial Gunner (it also features the eyeslit (red in the POTF figure) reported about in the new trooper design):

[IMG]

As a matter of fact, there is even a precedent to the Vaderish, flaring out trooper helmets that are reported:
    [IMG]

So, if there are reports about black clad, helmet wearing figures in EPVII, there is absolutely no reason to believe that this must be Vader.
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 3
  5. jedi_jra Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    [IMG]

PLEASE let Vader's castle be in this film! I'm sure the Dark Side would be strong there. Either Driver, or Hamill, they need to visit this place. We know the production team is drawing heavy on old concept art... is there any chance Skellig Island could be the home of Vader's castle? Please let it be so!
  6. AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't lik the idea of someone impersonating Vader, or remaking his armour to try and lead some kind of dark side cult.

I can see Vader appearing in a vision to Luke or in a nightmare maybe. I like the idea of Vaders castle appearing, which I'm sure was in one of the other film drafts. But other than that I am struggling to think how they can get him in to the movie with some kind of credibility that won't ruin ROTJ's ending. And to that end I wouldn't like to think they are going to shoe horn him in in some way just for the sake of getting him in the movie.
    Last edited by AndyLGR, Aug 1, 2014
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Locked at original poster's request due to inevitable mindless derailment. This is why we can't have nice things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.