main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader / Jabba

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by OceanPacific, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Question: At the end of ESB, Vader lost Luke... But -- he knew exactly where the frozen Han Solo was (with Jabba the Hutt). He was obviously obsessed with finding Luke and bringing him back to the Emperor.

Why didn't Vader "leave a garrison" near Jabba's palace? Surely, he must have known Luke would try to to rescue Han. That way, they could snatch Luke, along with his friends, and "end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy".

Any thoughts?

2. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Do you think Vader asked Fett where Han was going?

3. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Add on to that, do you think Fett would have told him? I don't think Boba Fett would get much work if he went around blabbing who he worked for and what he was doing.

4. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I think Vader thought Han was a definite lost cause. He was frozen in carbonite, and taken by a feared bounty hunter. I'm sure Vader assumed that once whomever hired Fett obtained Han, that he would eventually release him from the carbonite and kill him anyway. Then there would be no point of a Han rescue mission, and no reason for Vader to leave a garrison there.

5. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Didn't Vader know all along where Fett was taking Han.

Didn't he say something like..."You may take Capt. Solo to Jabba the Hutt AFTER I have Skywalker."?

Maybe Vader was confident in Fett's reputation being fearsome enough that no one would dare go after Han?

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    according to the so much hated EU (Shadows of the Empire, to be precise), Fett took a while to get Solo to Jabba.
    Make of that what you want. But why else would it take the heroes a year to rescue Han (the timespans between movies are not really EU, too, are they?)

7. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Devilanse is right. Vader knew exactly where Boba was taking Han. Even if Fett took quite some time to get to Tatooine, Vader should have sent men straight to Tatooine to watch out for Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.