vader knowing his kids

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Darth_Maul44, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Maul44 Jedi Padawan

Ok, i am not much of a "Star Wars Geek" but i LOVE the movies and have read several of the books. i had a question about Vader knowing luke was his son, it was never really addressed in the movie how he came to know luke was his child, i had always thought there was a bond between them through the force that he knew (hence them being able to communicate telepathicly in empire)but if this is the case how did he not recognize it with leah? after all she and luke have the bond as well. sorry if this doesn't make sense it has just always bugged me.
  2. Phantom-Iam Jedi Master

star 4
    EU states Vader found out the last name of the young rebel that destoryed the Death Star, I think he got this info from another rebel.

edit:

This is from starwars.com, databank, vader, eu:
    His search took him to such worlds as Ultaar and Centares. He tortured a Rebel pilot that led him to discover the identity of the Death Star's killer, Luke Skywalker.
  3. Darth_Maul44 Jedi Padawan

gotcha, thanks, that has just always been a question without an answer for me. what is the EU that i always hear people talk about?
  4. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    yes, in one of the comics, it explains that a captured Rebel revealed the name of the man who destroyed the Death Star.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.