main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

vader lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Karth-Kahlan, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karth-Kahlan

Karth-Kahlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2004
    I heard of a fx vader lightsaber which is supposed to be ok for ´light dueling. Now i live in germany and i would like to know where i could get it or where i could order it ? Also where could i get the vader lightsaber Hilt.

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Karth-Kahlan, Master Replicas does offer a licensed, or LFL approved, version of Vader's hilt. I think this hilt is more of a display piece than anything else.
    Parks Sabers makes custom designs, but you might be able to find something similar to a Vader style hilt there.

As far as I am aware though, Masters Replicas is the only company producing legally approved Vader hilts right now.

If you are at all interested in trying to make your own, I can refer you to some sites with good instructions. :)

3. Karth-Kahlan

Karth-Kahlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2004
    yes please id like to at least have a go at it :) about parks sabers i heard that the Mr lightsaber do sounds and glow better is this true ?

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't know enough about the saber effects to comment on the differences between MR and Parks. I'm sure plenty of other people around here can answer that question for you though.

Here are a few links, plus I pm'ed you another one. ;)
    The Dark Side -has drawings/blueprints
    GypsyBoy88 -fan site with some pics of the basic pieces used to make the hilt. Not finished though.

The other link I sent you via pm is more comprehensive. It contains a link to an unlicensed dealer though, and that's why I didn't post it in here.

5. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    You could also try the LBYB Vader Style as it's fairly close to accurate. I know there was another BYO place but I cannot seem to locate it.

Anyways, the BYB site is pretty decent. If you want to duel with a sabre, then you're going to need to figure out if you want a blade that lights up or a blade that you just want to duel with.

Now, you can duel with the light up blades, they're just not as durable as say a graphite rod, other metal tubes, or even a wooden dowel.

Anyway, good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.