main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader & Luke Enemeies??

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by malcolm-darth-am-i, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    I dont know if this has been disscused if so sorry.

From the Start of ESB Vader had no intention of killing Luke and possibly no intention of turning him over to the Emperor at all. He looked at Luke and saw him self and I know brought back that horrific day when Padme gave her speech on Mustafar and OB1 giveing him some surgery. He also saw Padme in him too, he was a link to his lost love and could not stand to lose another peice of Padme.

As for Luke after the father thing, he was foucused on turning his father back to the light and to let him know the power of the light again. OB1 said there is no hope of that, and basiclly said your wrong to OB1. we all know that

Opinion any one am I mad or am I on to something?

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I disagree. I don't think Vader saw that at all in Luke. Why? Because he's Vader, not Anakin. The reason it was believed that Anakin could not come back is because he was buried deep within Vader. Anakin never saw Padmé because it wasn't Anakin.

Only in the end of RotJ did Anakin truly come back and see Luke for what he was ... Padmé and Anakin's son.

3. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    I would wholeheartedly agree.

Luke was on thin ice especially after tapping Vader's shoulder. He's lucky it was only his hand that was chopped off. Vader seeing an opportunity to fulfill his destiny as the emporer of the galaxy, callously asked Luke to join him.

Vader was a monster in ESB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.