Vader On Tour

Discussion in 'Madison, WI' started by Rick_Sith, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    I was reminded about this while reading one of the Milwookiee Council threads (the newbie thread).

Where exactly is this Vader figure, and when is it coming to Madison? I tend to get caught up in everyday stuff that I forget such things. Can you give us an update, Jon?

I also forgot the website where it was "advertised". Maybe the tour dates and etc. are listed there.

Anyway, just wanted to bring this back up.
  2. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Darth Vader World Tour as established by the Boston FF group. Apparently the figure is in Atlanta at the moment heading south...it appears Wisconsin (as well as Indy) are on the back leg of the tour on Vader's journey home. The figure itself is a vintage 12" figure and groups and taking pictures of him at local landmarks and such....similar to the stolen garden gnome world tours that have occured in the past (gnome turns up back in the person's yard with a collection of pictures [face_laugh] ...garden gnomes are hilarious).

Other than a travel itenerary, I don't think there's a hard schedule that's being followed. When one group's done with him, they send him on to the next.
  3. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yeah, what Sebulba-X said. :D

When we do get it, I'd be willing to bet it'll be in the tail end of this year.
  4. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    A little input from Beantown here: As X said, there's nothing set in stone. Vader spent about two or three weeks at his last three stops. Just so you know it might be a little while - a few months, give or take. Our website is down right now (please excuse our appearance while we remodel :D), but it's due back up on Thursday so you can check on his progress then. A couple of FFs have dropped off the list, though, so at least it's not as long a wait as it could've been. ;)

Edit - At the behest of our city rep, I'm working on an article for Insider about the Vader Tour. Not quite sure yet when you can look for it, but you can look for it. :D
  5. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks for the info guys.

I can't wait to get my hands on Vader. We will have some good ideas for pics, I'm sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.