main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader Suit

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by GrayRacer, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayRacer

GrayRacer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    I see lots of "Deluxe Vader Costumes" on ebay that are liscenesed by LFL. They look craptacular but I was wondering if maybe these are a good way to start off on a better Vader suit.

The ones on ebay look cheap but it could be a start. Does anyone own this costume?

2. ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl

ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2002
    OOO! YES I KNOW THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!

OK IN STAR WARS INSIDER ISSUE NUMBER: 55, it tells how this one girl made a perfect make shift Darth Vader Costume:

These are the exact words used by her in the magazine:

Here is a head-to-toe run down of costume parts:

Helmet: Standard Don Post Studios helmet revamped and modified with a battery-powered cooling fan, new lenses, new "grill" and breathing sound FX

Chest and Shin Armor: Black Vinyl placemats cut, layered and glued together.

Chest Box: Wooden plaque from craft store covered with shiny black vinyl. The buttons, "coun slots" and rocker switches are sculpted from polymer clay and painted or wrapped in colored acetate. The coin slots are lit with battery powered christmas bulbs. The silver slide rods are accually wooden BBQ skewers and craft beads.

Belt Buckle: Thin wooden pieces shaped into the raised silver design mounted to a electrical outlet covers.

Belt Boxes: Wooden trinket boxes from a craft store painted black. The silver buttons are cap screws from a hardware store. The red lights are from an electronics store; the green lights were caps from lipstick tubes haksawked down and painted with transparent green stained glass window paint. Each box is lit with three LEDs powered by a nine-volt battery/resistor.

Cod Piece: Foam core board, thin foam and black vinyl.

The Body Suit: A black vinyl, faux alligatorskin two-piece suit(found at a department store)

Capes: Inner cape sewn from black fabric. Outer cape lucky thrift store find.

Boots: Hand me down riding boots from a friend.

Gloves: Found in a friends basement.

Gauntlets: Black vinyl stitched in a quilted pattern to give the impression of large cuffs or gloves.

There is a pic of this, accually two. Unfortunatly, I can't make copies. But if you wish to see them, go to ur local comic book store and ask for SWINSIDER # 55.

Hope this REALLY HELPS!!!!!! :)

3. GrayRacer

GrayRacer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Whoa, loads of info. Thanx. I just wonder if it isnt a little uncomfortable with all that wood.

4. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Did you find vadermaker.com
    vadermaker.uk
    vaderpainter.com
    ?

5. ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl

May 11, 2002
    No its all in my SW Insider....

I just typed up everything that it said.

6. ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl

May 11, 2002
    Ok, I just felt I needed to bring this thread back up again...

7. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    that was talking about "vaderkinde"
    her website is good for getting started.lots of good info there.she is 5'2".she has a great looking costume.

heres a link to her website
    http://www.geocities.com/gypsyboy_88/vaderkinde.html

skip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.