main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader; the ultimate tool in the universe

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darthnidan, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthnidan

Darthnidan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2005
    When do you think Vader realizes that he is the ultimate tool in the universe? I think it happens in ESB. When Vader recives the transmition from the emperor, where he tells Vader that the offspring of Skywalker is around and about,training in the force. At that moment Vader must have spaned into reality.

He must have been thinking to himself; "Man! i let this bastard play me like a galactic fiddle". Vader must have realized at that moment that the emperor had lied to him about Padme dieing on Mustafar. This is probably why during the battle in cloud city, that Vader tells look to come with him and be trained to overthrouw the emperor and rule the galaxi as father and son. Originaly i had always thought that this was a deception by Vader to try and lure the boy into the dark side. But, now i see that Vader was telling Luke the truth, He wants Luke to be his apprentice and kill the emperor. Perhaps for the lies and things he had Vader do. (Killing the Jedi, destroing the temple, and pretty much putting the galaxi into a downward spirrel of darkness.

Please forgive the horrible spelling.

2. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    The emperor uses everything, and everyone around him as an instrument to benefit himself. This includes vader to hunt down the jedi among other things.

3. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I think Vader was always planning to take out the Emperor, even before he knew about Luke's existance. He even suggested it to Padme. When/if he finds out the truth of Padme's death, his desire for vengeance on Palpatine would have become only stronger.

4. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    I don't think so. If anything, he would have tried to kill Palpatine right there and then, unable to control himself. And in ROTJ, when Luke goes to kill Palpatine, Vader stopped him. If your theory is accurate, why wouldn't Vader let him and then be like, "Good work, Son, now lets get the hell out of here."

5. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Actually, Harrison Ford is the ultimate tool in the universe.:p

6. Darthnidan

Darthnidan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2005
    howardfilms: i think that at the time of ROTJ, there must have been a great deal of confusion going on inside of Vader. i think that when Luke attacks the emperor, Vader threw out his lightsaber as an autiomatic reaction. Remember that he has been completely subservialnt to the emperor for the better bart of 30 years or so.

Reflex, perhaps.

7. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    yeah...vader was definitely palpatine's tool. he was played like a puppet by one of the persons he trusted and respected the most. OUCH x.x! as to why vader let himself get pushed around by the emperor like that for 2 decades, i'll never know x.x!

Darthnidan - very true. anakin had spent the past 20+ years of his life serving palpatine. also, if you look at it in a way, by the end of ROTS, palpy is the only one he has left, so he kinda clung to him as an apprentice would his master. he couldn't just let luke kill his "master" of 20+ years, right? but then, we all know that vader finally realized what was "really going on" and eventually killed his master himself ;)! (and it was about time he did!)

8. Darth_Watermelon

Darth_Watermelon Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
  9. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
  10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmm, well if Luke kills Palps and turns to the dark side, then Vader would probably become apprentice to his own son, since he's obviously weaker than Luke at that point. So maybe he just thought that would be too embarassing...you know, better to stay loyal to your old master and keep your power than to be conquered by a new one, and his son of all people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.