main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader think Luke is the chosen one?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JMaster Luke, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    " VADER: Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is
    your destiny
    . Join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son.
    Come with me. It's the only way."

I'm wondering. THe emperor knows that only the one could bring balance. And as obi wan says to anakin "you were suppose to destroy the sith, not join with them" So the chosen one is suppose to destroy the sith. A.k.a. anakin. So why would Vader and the Emperor (esspecially the emperor) fear that Luke can destroy him?

Is it possible that even though Vader has turned to the dark side that he still believes in the one? Does he believe that there will be a Jedi that will destroy the sith, but he just doesnt believe its him?

After finding out all the things luke has done ( Learning to use the force and destroying death star) does Vader think that his son is accually the chosen one?

EV Edit: Please use an existing thread on this.

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I think Vader was trying to tempt Luke to join the dark side with that line.

3. Lord_Moordenaar

Lord_Moordenaar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    Vader knew his cybernetic body was vulnerable to Palpatine's Force Lightning, and therefore needed some help to take him out so-to-speak, enter Luke.

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    At that point, I dont think Vader cared about the so-called Chosen one, as I think he would see it. He was supposed to be the chosen one, but had joined the Sith and at that point wasn't too open to destroying the Sith (which would be himself)

In other words, hes just tempting Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.