main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader Vignette--a familiar person fights to save Ani aboard DS2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by stacysatrip, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Disclaimer--I know there are a TON of fics out there about Vader and his "conflict" on DS2, his death, etc. In this one, a woman from his past invades his thoughts to convince him to save his son--and himself.

Lots of quotes from ROTJ, but that's OK. Let me know if you like.

I grasped the railing on the catwalk that led to my shuttle and stared into the Endor sky breathing a troubled sigh as I replayed the previous few moments in my mind:

?The Emperor has been expecting you,? I had said to the young man who, apart from being several inches shorter than I could have been me at the age of 23. My son, my flesh and blood, my?enemy.

?I know, father.? Father. The sound of that word stabbed me like a lightsabre to my heart.

?So, you have accepted the truth,? had been the only reply I could muster.

?I have accepted the truth that you were once Anakin Skywalker, my father,? Luke had retorted. Anakin Skywalker, my father. The look in Luke?s icy blue eyes as he spoke those words?that name?pierced my soul, the soul I had tried for so long to deny.

?That name no longer has any meaning for me,? I emphatically replied, now trying harder to convince myself of that fact. Ever since I first saw Luke, I had been thinking a lot more about this Anakin Skywalker, who he had been, what he?I?had become.

?It is the name of your true self, you?ve only forgotten,? Luke insisted. But he was wrong. I hadn?t forgotten. I hadn?t forgotten at all. The pain, the betrayal, the loss?what good had Anakin Skywalker ever done for me? Anakin Skywalker destroyed everything he touched. At least as a Dark Lord of the Sith, I could get by with it. Hell, it was expected.

?I know there is good in you,? the persistent boy continued. ?The Emperor hasn?t driven it from you fully. That?s why you couldn?t destroy me. That?s why you won?t bring me before your Emperor now.?

Insufferable little?this conversation is over! I ignited Luke?s lightsabre, which glowed bright green against the dark of the night. I could see the fear in his eyes as he wondered if I would strike him down with it, if I would finish what I had begun on Bespin. It was a lot like my old one. . .very well put together. He must have inherited my knack for building things. . .Stop it, Vader. This pining is pointless. You have a job to do!

?I see you have constructed a new lightsabre. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has forseen.? Quite powerful. Stronger in the Force than any I had encountered other than my Master or Yoda.

?Come with me,? he pleaded.

?Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You don?t know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master.? But why must I? Every instinct in my soul wanted to follow this boy?except I don?t have a soul. I don?t feel, I don?t care. . .why am I letting this novice toy with emotions I no longer possess? Control, Vader. Control. . .`Don?t let your personal feelings get in the way. . .? I had heard that years before from the very mentor who had molded this boy in front of me into a powerful Jedi.

Luke was relentless. ?Search your feelings Father. You can?t do this. I feel the conflict within you, let go of your hate!?

I did not even try to hide the melancholy in my voice when I replied, ?It is too late for me, son.? And in that moment, I was able to call upon the one thing that had always given me strength?my anger. My anger at the fact that I was allowing this child to see into my very soul. Yes, it gave me strength. ?The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force. He is your master now.?

My son gazed at me with eyes that spoke so much?disappointment, resolve, and sorrow. He nodded slightly as he was led away by the stormtroopers and spoke six words that will forever haunt me: ?Then my father is truly dead.? I felt as though ice were coursing through my veins as I watched him board the lift to the shuttle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood there beside the railing for what seemed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.