main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vaderisms

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Nastard, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHighEmperor

TheHighEmperor Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    Not really a Vaderism, but something I also recently thought of was Anakin being freed from a slave's life by Qui-Gon, but still having a 'master'. Almost every line of between Obi-Wan and Anakin is 'Yes, master.' 'No, master'. It shows Anakin's frustration with finally being released, but still having a master.

It really packs a punch in ANH, when Darth Vader tells Obi-Wan HE was NOW the master!

THE.

2. TheHighEmperor

TheHighEmperor Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2001
  3. Lembas_Junkie

Lembas_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Great Vader-isms from AOTC:

a) The cloak swishing action throughout the movie...wow. That was great.
    b) The many Dark Looks he gave
    c) Conflict written all over his face when he wants to say what he wants, but knows he should say something else. Example: (after being chided by Padme in front of the Queen) *face shows anger and control-freak, then twists up, and finally shows weak form of overcoming it* "Sorry, M'lady..."
    d) And of course, he finally breaks, and then we see....the All-Time best Vaderism: "I HATE THEM!!!!!!"

And while we're at it, great Ani-isms from AOTC:

a) "I'm Here, Mom..." and "I've missed you." It helps put the new face to the Anakin we got to know a bit in TPM. But now he's all grown up!
    b) The 'deep-fried' comment >cheez-eee!< But very Ani.
    c) "This is a short cut...I think." :)
    d) And I thought I'd mention here too that I thought Jake Lloyd gave a very good Vader-like look to the Jedi Council when they said he will not be trained 'cause he's too old.

Lembas Junkie ;)

4. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    "So you do feel something" felt very Vader-like to me.

5. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah, there's a lot of cool moments like that.

Most people don't realize just how much Hayden put in to his performance. In fact, it was completely overlooked by most audiences. :(

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I love this thread- decided to bring it back from purgatory. I also just watched the very end of ESB and have 2 new Vaderisms to add:

Anakin standing looking out of the window in Padme's Senatorial Apartment. His body is positioned EXACTLY, EXACTLY, including head tilt, as he stands on the deck of the Executioner as he is calling out to Luke on the Falcon at the end of ESB.

Also something else odd. Right as Luke is trying to come to sense w/ Vader's "I am your father" comment, he gets this flash on his face where he squints/narrows his eyes and then opens them again. The look he gives reminds me of Anakin in the film....I can't remember exactly where he does it, but he narrows his eyes, maybe in the fireplace scene, when he says "You sold her?" to Watto?? But the expression is something Hayden used.

OK this is ESB Vader/Dooku observation- not Anakin observation:

Something else interesting, I noticed throughout the duel w/ Luke and Vader- in the beginning Vader's barely trying to fight Luke- swats his lightsaber w/ one hand- like Dooku w/ Obi-Wan. Then Luke jumps back out of the carbon chamber and Vader realizes he's stronger than he believed and he starts fighting harder, needing both hands to weild his saber. He then throws all the junk at Luke to see if that will scare him, and still Luke bounces back looking to continue to fight. It's only then really that Vader starts to loose control and goes nuts, wildly swinging, he's also getting tired like Dooku w/ Yoda. Similarly he then lobs off Luke's hand to end the whole duel because he's realized Luke is just too strong.

7. Darth_Angelus

Darth_Angelus Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2001
    I don´t remember the line, but the way he ordered the pilot of the republican gunship to hit that Trade Federation ship´s energy generator made me remind a lot of Vader´s skill and authority as military commander and strategist in the OT.

8. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Darth_Angelus,

"Aim right above the fuel cells."

Yes, another Vaderism. Also recalls "a cunning warrior," as Obi will describe him in ANH.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's true- but remember Anakin knows that is the best way to take out the TF weaponry/ships because that is exactly what he inadvertantly did in TPM to destroy the TF ship.

10. AnikaSky

AnikaSky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    Is it just me or did Anakin's clothes actually start to look darker when he got on Tattoine. We know that they are not actually black because we see the colors close up. But shots from a distance make it look almost completely black. Also did anyone else notice that this line "I will even learn a way to stop people from dying" is similar to a line in ROTJ. In ROTJ Vader/Anakin says "Nothing can stop that now" when Luke says he will die without the mask. There is a good parallel here from the line in AOTC and the line in ROTJ.

11. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i wish this happen

Padme: You had another nightmare last night.

Ani: I saw myself Padme, I saw myself wearing...wearing dark clothing, and i had a mask on."

oooooo that would be scary.

or if it would show the dream..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.