main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Vader's ashes?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthZ07, Jan 5, 2016.

?

Vader's ashes or just hot coals?

1. yes, those are Vader's ashes

56.6%
  2. no, those are not Vader's ashes

43.4%
  1. Darth Beer

Darth Beer Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2015
    Hi All

Just curious... During The Force Awakens, Kylo Ren is torturing Rey, he takes off his helmet and....
    Drops it onto a bowl of charcoal???? and it kind of smokes. Ive already heard a rumor this was Vader's ashes. Any other serious ideas please?

Thanks!
    - Darth Beer

2. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    hot coal can have new utility during the act of interrogation.

MeBeJedi likes this.
  3. JediKnightYJK

JediKnightYJK Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 17, 2016
    It is Vader's ashes...it's not rumor.

MeBeJedi likes this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Where was that stated?

B99 likes this.
  5. JediKnightYJK

JediKnightYJK Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 17, 2016
    I can't remember where it came from...(I saw it somewhere a month ago...), but it was cannon I believe..
    one thing is, it's not rumor... it is either cannon or not.

6. Mister Bones

Mister Bones Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2016
    Would Vader's body not have ceased to exist after he became a force ghost at the end of RoTJ?

Could be the ashes of his suit I guess, unless I'm completely missing something.

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    o_O

nightangel likes this.
  8. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    IIRC, his body disappeared on the DS shortly after he died.

From Wookiepedia:
    Skywalker was carried by his son to ST 321,[14] where he asked Luke to remove his mask; for a moment, Anakin looked upon his son's face for the first and only time.[4] He finally saw him not as a Jedi or a threat or a mistake, but as his and Padmé's son, and gave Luke a real smile—the smile that only his wife ever saw.[14] His son insisted that he had to save him, but Skywalker told him he already had and asked him to tell his sister he had been right about him before passing away, and become one with the Force.[4]

Unable to leave him behind, Skywalker took his father's body aboard the shuttle and escaped just before the Death Star's destruction. Back on Endor, Skywalker built a funeral pyre for his father, and cremated his armor in the manner of a Jedi's funeral in solitude,[4] for the sight of Vader's helmet consumed by fire would be cause for rejoicing to everyone else but him.

9. ararha

ararha Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 25, 2013
    Its speculation. It definetly hasnt been confirmed anywhere. Even if there was a slight possibility it was Vader's ashes. Theres no way they wouldn't mention it then have it blown up along with the planet.

10. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I think the implication is that those were Vader's ashes.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thread merged

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    When I first saw the movie, yeah, knowing that he had the mask, I thought those were probably Vader's ashes, too. Then I remembered that the ashes and mask weren't in the same location, let alone the same vicinity, and that's when I thought that it couldn't be. I'm guessing that they're probably the dead Jedi's ashes, because Vader's burnt mask was on his ship, the Finalizer. Question is: if they were Vader's, why keep them apart? Besides, I can believe the recovery of the Vader mask. But the ashes, too? Nah. Too far fetched. Unless somebody from the Empire discovered Vader's funeral pyre in the days following the battle of Endor, there's no way the ashes would still be there. At least not years later, that is. The mask I can believe, though...that's for sure.

EHT likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree with that... I just don't buy that those are Vader's ashes. I'm not sure what they are, though. I tend to think that maybe Kylo liked to grill out, and those were the remains of coals from his last barbecue party. :p

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    "Ur My Guest.."
    Join me for some bbq in the interrogation room..

beebee-ate and EHT like this.
  15. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    The visual dictionary mentions Vader's charred remains, but that's amibiguous as it could just be referring to the helmet

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It just doesn't make sense, imo, that he'd have a random bowl of ashes lying around (that he puts his mask in no less), given his Vader obsession (when we know already that Luke cremated Vader's armor on a funeral pyre in ROTJ).

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  17. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Perhaps the ashes foretell another of Kylo's abilities that we have yet to witness. Force incineration.

18. Rancor Keeper

Rancor Keeper Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    There's no reason to believe Kylo would have had to go looking for the ashes, or even the mask. Cremation remains in our society are often saved by the family. Who's to say Luke or Leia didn't do the same for Vader and Kylo liberated them? Heck, that might have even begun his obsession.

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Because I doubt that Luke or Leia wanted any part of Vader around. It reminded them too much of their father's "evil half," and (Luke at least) would most likely have preferred to remember Anakin's "good side."

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I think it could be Vader's ashes. Maybe Luke got a little crazy after ROTJ and kept the burned helmet + ashes. o_O

21. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    [​IMG]

MeBeJedi likes this.
  22. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    *disintegration* ;)

23. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Or maybe the ashes are for torture, but not torture for the ones being interrogated...rather for Kylo to use on himself to get himself into a rage similar to him punching his wounds to get himself psyched for the fight.

24. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Maybe those were his ashes...

25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

Movable?