main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vaders' blaster absorbing hand..

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi_quinn, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Vader was just blocking the shots with the force by creating a kind of force wall right in front of him"

I would agree that this is possible, but again, it's a power we've not seen yet. Ep. III might make this clear. Every other Jedi we've seen still uses a lightsaber.

That being said, I have posted a theory that Palpatine may himself be able to block lasers or lightsabers, which woul explain his lack of concern about having Luke "strike him down." Was he really depending on Vader to protect him, or does he have this unique power?

"Vader can see the future" - "You can destroy the Emperor. He has forseen it."
    "strangle people" - Luke did it too. Big deal.
    "tear apart, metal" - his suit could enhance his strength
    "and discover a rebel base by looking at a picture of the planet." - "Your sad devotion to that ancient religion hasn't helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebel's hidden fortress."

Vader simply recognized the signifigance of a man-made structure on a planet supposed to be devoid of life. Otherwise, why send the probe droids in the first place.

"This is surely not logical thinking."

The Force, like all powers, has its limitations. Are these not logical examples? You only nailed 1 out of 4.

"Yet people here do not seem to believe that he can block a blaster bolth with his hand."

Actually, DEEPBLUE never stated either way. It's simply not made clear whether Vader used the Force or his suit to block the laser blasts, much less Luke's lightsaber hit to his shoulder. If you have proof either way, please post it.

"Vader also uses his other hand, which I believe it still flesh and blood. That disproves the theory that it was his robotic hand that deflected/absorbed the shots from Han."

Incorrect.

Darth Vader's injuries: Skeleton

Here Vader first takes hold and lifts the Emperor. At this point we have a good view of the side of his body. The original bones are present in his upper torso, neck and head. Note that Vader is lifting Palpatine with his left arm, which does not show any bones in this picture even though it is the closest arm to the camera point-of-view. Of course the absence of bone glow in this particular picture does not prove that the bone is not there. It is possible that the lightning has not struck the arm with sufficient strength.

In later moments, one arm emits a distinct skeletal flash. The above two images show some intriguing structures in the left arm. There is a clearly artificial group of features near the shoulder joint. The main joint attaching to the torso is a seemingly regular circular disk, with a pneumatic mechanism attached for articulation or support. Vader's left arm almost certainly consists either substantially or entirely of cybernetic replacements.

2. jedi_quinn

jedi_quinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Lets just hope we will see something in Ep3 which will tie up this problem.

Personally, I would like to see Anakin deflecting bolts with his bare hands, or a scene that mirrors the ESB scene we're talking about.

I just had a great idea for a scene!

Ok right, Palpy has an emergency meeting with with the Jedi. We see the Jedi enter his chamber only to be confronted by Darth Sidious! Sidious force pulls the Jedi's lightsabers away from them before they have the chance to ignite them.

Ok so there is no blaster deflecting/absorbing, but I rarely have ideas, so I thought I would just "slap it down".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.