main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader's Corner!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by RossD, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RossD

RossD Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2004
    Hi all, I just thought I'd post my site for anyone who's interested. It's kind of a hybrid, containing poetry, forums, and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight editing, including levels, models, tutorials, and screenshots of upcoming work.

Not only that, but users can submit their own poetry to be posted on the main site, all copyrights remain with the author. If you're interested please join the forums and submit your poems on there, or just send me an email. My username is Daft_Vader.

Well, I hope you enjoy, the link is:

VADER's CORNER!

Some of my poems are on the site as well! :) Give me some feedback if you fell like it! Thanks very much everyone!

~ Daft

2. RossD

RossD Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2004
    I would really appreciate it if someone, out of the kindness within their heart, actually took the time to say something about my site. I'm not expecting an Academy Award or anything, but it's kind of irritating when not a single person so much as says "Nice job." If you don't like my site, then please, give me suggestions for improving it. Thankyou, I apologize if I sound exhasperated, but I would just really like some kind of input. :)

3. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Very nice looking site, RossD!

I don't really write any poetry or anything, but I may just have to come over and see some of the stuff there more often.

I already have it bookmarked. ;)

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    RossD, I want to congratulate you on a very innovative hybrid of a website. Vader's Corner is very awesome. The poetry corner looks promising, and your mods for JK look great! It's not every day that you see someone that plays the original JK game.

Speaking of which...

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!! I need some more multiplayer fun in JK. ;)

5. RossD

RossD Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2004

Wow, thanks guys! And as for the JK community, it is still very much alive and kicking. Might I introduce you to the best website I have ever been to - Massassi!

Yeah, again, thanks for the comments, I admit certain sections of the site lack some content currently, but the summer is on the way, so I'll be adding more soon. My friend also helps me maintain it.

Oh, and Kavic_Toth, glad to hear you've bookmarked it, thanks. If you'd like, I could link to yor site (if you have one) in my links section.

And Jedi_Commander_Faofa, I love JK (you'd probably massacre me, mind you though, in a duel) and I'd love to play sometime. Howeve,r I would really like to play in a custom map and and with a mod (like Space Soldiers 3 9.0 Beta, which can ve found on Massassi). If you like JK, you'll love Massassi. I encourage you to join. It has them ost friendly editing and general community I've ever seen.

Well, thanks again, but don't forget, if you have any suggestions for improvement, I'll be glad to hear them. :)

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Yes, I have been to Masassi, but the downloads never work for my game.. Not sure why. I don't have Mysteries of the Sith though... I bought JK about a year ago, they aren't selling MotS anymore. :(

Do you have a little logo button I can link up on to my site, Jedi Wars? I think your site is pretty cool, and I love creative writing stuff. ;)

7. RossD

RossD Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2004
    That's odd, the downloads not working that is. Do you mean that the files themselves would not download off of the sever, or they wouldn't work properly (or at all) in-game? If you want to know how to run mods, just use Patch Commander. And add-on levels just go in the "Episode" directory in your "Jedi Knight" folder.

As for my site logo, just go to this link for the pic - http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v52/RossD/VadersCorner/vadcornicon.jpg

Thanks, I'd be much obliged if you mentioned it on your forums! :)

8. posthuman366

posthuman366 Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2004
    huh, weird I never tried that either

9. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    The Vader's Corner logo at the top isn't centered in Firefox/Mozilla. The problem is that the logo is in a table with no table rows or table cells. To fix this, I suggest not putting it in a table, but rather a <div> with the styles "margin-left:auto" and "margin-right:auto". That should center it appropriately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.