main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Vader's Funeral

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Prisic Duskleap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Quiet dignity, is a nice way to put it.

Darth Vader lived a life of hate and artificialness and here he was, as Anakin, in a serene moment surrounded by nature.

I love everything about this scene.

Master_Rebado and Sarge like this.
  2. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    It was a top 10 scene in the saga no doubt.

Whats amazing is that Vader lived a tyrant's life of bloodshed and murder as most of those men die without honer, yet in the end the only one to believe in him, his only son honors him with a heros buriel. Fitting of the man who was known as Anakin skywalker. Luke never got anything from him, in fact he didnt owe his father anything, yet he loved him, unconditionally without asking for anything in return.

3. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  4. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I just realized that Luke's expression as his father's armor burns is almost exactly the same as it was at the end of The Force Awakens. Spooky!

Sarge likes this.
  5. Conkhead_12

Conkhead_12 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2016
    Come on, Vader manages to redeem himself. He deserves, because when he "died" and got cremated, he's Anakin Skywalker, the republic's hero with no fear.

6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    With Kylo securing the burnt helmet at some point.

7. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I still think to this day, even after the release of TFA, that Vader's funeral, followed after by the celebration in the entire galaxy, was the most beautiful and perfect way to end and complete the saga.

8. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Don't forget Anakin/Yoda/Obi as ghosts together at last. It really was the perfect ending to the saga. I think trying to follow up that is why Lucas couldn't bring himself to continue the saga like he had originally planned. It was like Tolkien trying to followup Lord of The Rings with another story about the One Ring. The story had come to a close and Lucas felt it himself.

Deliveranze, AniLukeRey and Sarge like this.
  9. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    I didn't notice that in til u mentioned it true .

10. Ord Sorrell

Ord Sorrell Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2016
    I thought the same thing, and although I do love TFA and the resurgance in the films, I wouldn't have minded if Disney/Abrams decided to just make standalone Rogue one type films.. I dont think we necessarily need "trilogies" and "Cliffhangers"

Or maybe follow the story of some other exiled Jedi. Their stories dont need to be as epic and galaxy shattering as the Skywalker story, I am sure the audience would love anything star wars as long as its written well..

Anyway.. fact is TFA is here along with the new trilogy, and I do love and enjoy it so far... I guess I just agree that Luke's cremation of his father, and the galaxy achieving its independence was a perfect ending...

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That's a good thing if you ask me. The whole "everything George Lucas says is canon" thing truly got out of hand back in the day.
    Remember when someone decided that Obi-Wan's home planet was called Stewjon because Lucas had joked about it with Jon Stewart?

Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  12. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Yes. I do remember that. It was hilarious and I'm glad it's canon.

edit:

You could argue that's just yet another example of George speaking imprecisely off-the-cuff. The armor symbolizes his father's body whether or not it's still physically in there, after all.

Yes, it was a late addition. It was filmed out on the ranch.[/quote]

In fact, this shot isn't even of Mark. I believe it's a Lucasfilm employee acting as a stand-in:

[​IMG]

They even forgot to make the stand-in wear a black glove, so they had to color it black using a matte after the fact.

{Quantum/MIDI} and Seagoat like this.
  13. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    edit: Whoops. Double post.

14. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    I really feel that entire ending is quite touching. Luke getting closure with Vader, then going to celebrate the victory with his friends. It is a lovely ending to the saga, but I'm glad we're getting more movies as long as they don't offend the themes of Star Wars. We'll see...

15. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I was mad at Luke for burning him.

16. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

In fact, this shot isn't even of Mark. I believe it's a Lucasfilm employee acting as a stand-in:

[​IMG]

They even forgot to make the stand-in wear a black glove, so they had to color it black using a matte after the fact.[/quote]

This is why pick up shots are so important, even if it isn't with the real actors.

17. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    That wasn't Darth Vader's funeral. It was Anakin Skywalker's.

minnishe and Anakin.Skywalker like this.