main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader's missing lines? in ANH

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by midthomp, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midthomp

midthomp Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    When Vader was talking to Tarkin after they were told that Leia lied to them, they stopped talking and then a second later Vader starts gesturing with his hand like he is talking but you hear nothing.

Was there a line cut there?

2. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Yes.

May I recomend the Search Feature.

Vader continues with "not unless she thought she could destroy us in the process", or something similar.

It's in the novel.

3. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I think that was more or less an editing error. I really thought they would have corrected in on the DVD's, but apparantly not.

4. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I stand corrected. :)

5. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    The reason they left it in there is for the editing, believe it or not. Tarkin is in the middle of walking to Vader as Vader speaks and the next shot he is standing, so they held the shot until he stops walking to make a clean cut--unfortunatly, in the time it takes for him to slow down Vader starts speaking again, so they removed the audio. Watch the scene again. Once Tarkin finishes walking they cut to the next shot where he is standing still, but Vader unfortunatly is air-gesturing. I guess it came down to what was more annoying: a jump cut or having Vader moving his arms. They could easily alter the scene now to keep the cut clean and remove the vader-gesture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.