main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader's motivation

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Tion_Meddon, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbostank

jimbostank Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    Back to the original question here. What is Vader?s motivation after Padme dies and before Luke comes out? In the first three episodes he never follows orders. Not from Qui-gon, Obi-wan, or Mace he always does what he wants or thinks he should. So why does he seem so obedient to Palpatine? Is it because he has no fears now, nothing to lose? Until Luke comes around and now he wants his son to join him and kill Palpatine.

I don?t think Vader is weak. But I would say he is differently not as strong as he would have been. Also Palpatine is smart enough to know not to let Vader get to much power because all siths want to be on top. I would say that Vader can not do the lighting because Palpatine never taught him. Not because he has no fingers. Also Luke beat him so easy because Luke is just that bad. Don?t let the 1983 movie fool you. If it had been made now you would see a much greater fight scene in all the original movies. Not because of people being weak or old.

What do you all think?

Master Jimbo

2. jimbostank

jimbostank Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    There is no way Vader is stronger then the Palpatine. There is a reason he trick the whole galaxy. He is the strongest and smartest. But he had to fall, he was not the chosen one. Anakin or Luke whoever you think is the chosen one is why he was defeated. I say Luke is the chosen one, just because Anakin is to stupid. But that a different topic.

Master Jimbo

3. EMK

EMK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Kindly, note that Lucas as well as the entire Saga disagrees with you [face_dancing] but you are entitled to your opinion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.