main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader's Realisation?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by The_Little_Red_Jedi, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Little_Red_Jedi

The_Little_Red_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Something struck me just now, when I was thinking about RotS and reading though some things.

Palpatine tells Vader that he killed Padmé, right? Do you think Vader had some questions to ask when he found out he had a Son?

Surely he would assume that he killed Padmé when he force choked her, which would almost certainly have killed the baby inside of her?

Now he finds out she actually gave birth. I don't know if they have cesarean section in a GFFA, but maybe.

Do you think he realised at this point Palpatine had been lying to him?

2. The_Little_Red_Jedi

Nov 3, 2004
    Was this just locked? Why?

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The ways of the Sith are a road of lies, I'm sure he comes to that understanding after the film.

Cesarean sections should be part of GFFA, it is in our technology, and their technology is more advanced then ours. No reason why it wouldn't be there.

I'm sure he learns many things over the years.

-Seldon

4. The_Little_Red_Jedi

Nov 3, 2004
    But how do you think the realisation that he did NOT kill Padmé would affect him?

5. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    He did kill Padme.
    He would have simply assumed that Obi-wan had rescued the child. In fact, he did assume this judging by his line "Obi-wan was wise to hide her from me..."

He obviously assumes Obi-Wan is responsible for saving the kid(s).

6. Doc10

Doc10 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    I think he realises that he DID NOT kill Padme. Think about it, Anakin did not kill her, her rendered her unconcius, but she was medical 100% ok (per the droid), Padme died from loosing her will to live. Not by the force choke.

Heck, vader in ESB, may at that point assume that Padme never died. Actually now that I think about it, likely not as they did have a big funeral for her.

7. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Padme died from loosing her will to live.

And she lost the will to live why?

Right, because Anakin betrayed her, the jedi, the republic, and everything they had together. His betrayal killed her just as surley as a blaster would have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.