main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Vader's Revenge

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by xdarthsmithiousx, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Has anyone played the episode 3 game? There is nothing like discovering the secret bonus level where you can be Vader, and kill old Kenobi. Ahhhhh, the joy of being a Sith.

2. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I must play that game...

3. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    No. I only have my PC, not a Playstation or something like that. But I'm a total addict for the Knights of the Old Republic games.

4. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Kai I don't have a playsstation either nor do I play any of the other games on the PC. Just never got into any of that but I also did not want to give up photo and graphic space on the computer. I also had a friend that when we went to visit would excuse herself after a short time claiming to have homework or work/work to finish and later saw her playing the games. Too easy to get lost in them I guess. But to each his own. I do love to play mah jong on the computer.

golda

5. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    I don't play games much at all, but this is a good one. A Really good one.

6. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    i am an absolute klutz at video games-

in the arcade, i used to be a whizz at millipede and centipede, the sort of game where you just work the directional and bang blindly away on a "fire" button. not so good at anything else.

the only console games i ever beat were castlevania(2?) simon's quest (by locking my roommate out of the apartment for hours so he couldn't take it away and beat me) and zombies ate my neighbors (with a game genie- yes, i know it's cheating but i just wanted to get to the end) and i used to play earthworm jim and toejam & earl, also several tetris-type games.

for PC games, i used to play quake (very badly, had a tendency to walk into walls and be killed while i tried to remember how to turn around and shoot.) i made it about halfway through american mcgee's alice before suffering a setback that had me so pissed i was speaking in tongues, again due to being spastic and hitting "quick load" instead of "quick save" :eek:

these days it's down to a few card games and a helpless gripping addiction to minesweeper.

7. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    I used to play a lot more, but now it's occasional. The last three games I remember playing were "Star Wars:Episode 3"(still enjoying that one), "Castlevania: Lament Of innocence" , and "Devil May Cry".

8. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I was pretty good on X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, and the Wing Commander series back in the day. :) On old arcade games, my favorite was Tempest...that wacky, abstract, geometric thing that it was.

But yeah, they can be primo-addictive. Probably a VERY good thing my system has the wrong graphics chip to run "Star Wars: Galaxies." If I could, the results would be ugly.

9. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    That's funny. Someone donated X-wing, Rebel Assault, Dark Forces, and Tie Fighter today at work(Goodwill). Naturally, one of us got them. Hope you like them, Last Jedi-Jerry

10. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Some of them games you mentioned are pretty cool, but I have neither the time nor inclination (and frankly speaking, the skill) for a lot of that stuff. The designers meke 'em too hard for an old fart like me. I like the ones you can jump into, 'splode some stuff and quit relatively easily. Star Wars Battlefront is one of my favorites, but number II should be even better 'cause they are including Jedi AND space battles. Both of the Starfighter games were cool too, but the best has to be Lego Star Wars! It was easy tho' way too short, but it was a heck of a lot of fun. And the cut scenes were wild, like the one where cute Lego Anakin takes cute Lego Dooku's hand and then, off-screen, kills him. Wild. Has to be played to be believed.

11. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    Yeah, I played the Lego one at target for a few minutes and I thought it was actually kind of cute. The great thing about the Episode3 game for ps2(not the lego one), is that it's actually somewhat easy to master. There are a million and seven combo moves that you should learn, but unfortunately, I am the kind of person who would much rather push the hit buttons non-stop and hope it kills whatever enemy is trying to murder me. With the episode 3 game, that type of gameplay actually works, and it makes me feel like I'm actually good at it, when in reality it's just pushing a few buttons nonstop.

12. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    "Button-mashing is a most honorable form of combat." - Gregfucious

13. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    < "Button-mashing is a most honorable form of combat." - Gregfucious >

master, you are very wise. i wish to learn from you...
    but i too wish to learn the way of tae kwan leap, so that i may kick butt.

BOOT TO THE HEAD!

14. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    I have the Lego Star Wars game. It is kind of cute and has pretty clean graphics. I downloaded it, and then won the Playstation 2 version from Pepsi (you know the numbers on the packaging), I checked the website and actually won something. I havn't gotten it yet in the mail, but no hurry since I don't own a Playstation 2. I have other gaming platforms, figures. LOL.

15. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    as far as i can tell, ps2 is a pretty cool platform, and probably worth the investment. you can play movies on it, and coolest of all (for me) is that it's pretty much backwards-compatible with ps1 games, which is nearly unheard of, or was when i first bought it. sucks to upgrade and not be able to play your old games without having to drag out all the old systems, or to have gaming systems littered around all over the floor.

16. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    yeah, when i bought my ps2 like 2 years ago i was really excited about it being backward capable. plus, i remember x-mas 2000 when EVERYONE was talking about it, and how awesome it was that it plays cd's and dvd's too. x-box is cool too i guess, cuz you can burn music on it, but you can't watch dvd's unless you buy the like $30 expansion pack thing.

i was just saying the other day to my brother that as silly as it looks, i think i'd like to play the lego game. he said it was fun. anyhow, speaking of my brother, i was supposed to pass along an FYI that if per chance anyone PM'd him or whatever, he's not going to be online for at least a week cuz his computer got sent off to the factory for repairs.

oh, and the gregfucious thing is hilarious. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.