main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Vader's slap in the face to Palpatine

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Inno-Vader, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    OK,

after seeing the movie and reading the book, it became clear that Palpatine faked defeat at the hands of Mace Windu in order to fool Anakin.

Now -

how about Vader, while fighting Luke aboard Death Star II, fakes defeat in front of Sidious in order to captilize on the slim window of opportunity approaching? That opportuning being grabbing the Emperor while he was busy frying Luke of course!

Perhaps Vader knew all too well that Luke alone, and he alone, were no match for the Emperor and that the only way to defeat Sidious was to surprise him and double-team him.

If you think about it, why would Vader WANT Luke to serve the Emperor? Obviously Sidious would eventually ally himself with who he would presume to be a stronger apprentice. With Vader all self-contained in the black suit, his powers were limited. Only a great fool would not sense his imminent betrayal.

"I am not a great fool so I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of me." (had to throw it in there)

I believe the term is ... poetic justice.

Let's hear it guys.

Chris

END TRANSMISSION

2. Cakret

Cakret Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I Dont think it was all plans Well over all Betraying Palpentine was Planned He Offered Padme that then he Offered His Son that, He Knew he Would betray, The Emperor Was a Fool For Not Seeing it, So Wise yet Dumb, Vader was Planning on Skywalker Turning then they Would Attack the Emperor, Witch i wouldn't mind seeing a movie that turn ed out like that, the Prophecy would still come true and 2 jedis would Rule the galaxy, well 2 Sith, But Cool Siths.

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm just starting to read the book and its interesting to read that Sidious concocted this plan that he told Dooku.
    Dooku would kill Obiwan and then surrender to Anaakin. Sidious claimed somehow Anakin would be the hero of the galaxy and because of the loss of his friend would publicly denounce the jedi and that in turn would bring down the Republic.
    Is there anymore to that plan that I haavent read yet?
    Meanwhile we all know what Sidious' real plan is. --BIlly

4. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Hey Billy,

I'm not kidding when I tell you this but the novel seems like an entirely different story than the one told on screen.

We'll probably end up talking about this at the meeting but seriously, the movie accounted for roughly 60% of the book.

Good stuff. Everyone should make time to read it.

Chris

END TRANSMISSION

5. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Yeah, the book is totally different than the movie...and it's better too. :p

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm really enjoying the book. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.