main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader's stats (armor)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MasterKazur, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    I can't quite figure out Vaders stats regarding his armor.

His says in the RCRB that his armor is the equivalent of the padded battle armor, but with certain Sith modefications giving it a DR of 6 rather than 4.
    It has an armor check penalty of -4

Now Vader is not proficient with medium armors but he still doesn't get all the penalties.
    His Balance and Tumble skills drop 4 points each, as they should.
    But his Pilot (these are the only three skills he has that uses Strength or Dexterity as their key modifier) doesn't drop.
    Shouldn't it drop from +15 to +11? Unless of cource Anakin in Episode III has a Pilot of +19 that is.

His attack bonus with his lightsaber remains at +22/+17/+12/+7 and his ranged at +20/+15/+10/+5 but shouldn't they also drop 4 points considering he is not proficient with the armor?

Also shouldn't his speed drop to 8, as indicated in the RCRB?

2. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    interesting point. My guess is that since the armour is more of a part of him then an actualy suit of armour that he doesn't need to be proficiant in it.

3. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Well then why would his balance and tumble drop? I just checked the Rebellion Era Source book, and they have made all the stuff I said. Lowered attack bonus, speed at 8m, lowered skills (except Pilot) and the same is in the Dark Side Sourcebook.

4. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    well then they just screwed up in the rcrb.

5. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    I guess they did. Stupid sexy Wizard of the Coast! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.