main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Vader's Test (Sequel to Embracing Destiny)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by soxtalon, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxtalon

soxtalon Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2002

~~~

Setting: 10 years post RotS

Thirty seconds!

He had lasted thirty seconds outside his meditation chambers...breathing under his own power. It was the longest he'd ever lasted.

His brief joy was soon followed by bitterness. Ten years later. Thirty seconds.

Why was he still alive? Why did he torment himself daily? He lost everything he had ever cared about, ever dreamed about. What fueled him to take each mechanical breath. Then with an almost smile, he let it wash him like a wave of cold water.

Revenge.

Someday, he would be powerful enough to overthrow his master. Complete a task he started long ago...before the dark times...when he was...

Breath Breath

~~
    Breath Breath

After squashing an uprising on Muunilist, Lord Vader returned to the bridge and watched as the rebels were shackled and beaten.

Lord Vader was bored. Since Order 66 and it's clean up he'd had no worthy opponent.

Well there was one...but he wasn't prepare to fight him yet. Not when his master controlled his life in this black mask.

Breath Breath

A signal indicating an incoming communication, was heard from the console.

A young officer answered it, quickly turned to him "Lord Vader, the Emperor demands you make contact with him."

DEMANDS? The young officer felt his throat constrict for a moment, before Vader turned and stormed out to his chambers.

Breath Breath.

~~

Breath Breath.

Vader paused in his chambers before getting down on one knee. The large rotting face of Emperor Palpatine filled the room.

"What is thy bidding, my master?" Vader intoned.

"A disturbance in the Force, Lord Vader."

Vader's shock emanated through the room. "How is that possible?"

"I have felt...our little green friend," Palpatine said with a sneer. "I think I have found him!"

"Yoda?" Vader said quickly.

"Are you capable of finishing this pest off, Lord Vader."

Vader nodded. "Yes my master."

"Very well, head to the Dagobah system and don't return until he is no more," Palpatine said before disappearing.

Vader rose. A Jedi to fight. And not just any Jedi. The little green freak! I will prove once and for all who is a better swordsman.

Breath Breath.

~~

Breath Breath.

"Commander. You have control of the bridge. This is something I must do...alone."

The Imperial officer nodded and turned to his duties as Vader moved towards his landing craft.

Closing the hatch, Vader sat behind the controls. He missed the flying. He wasn't able to fly nearly as much as he used to.

Once in the atmosphere of Dagobah, Vader did sense a familiar presence. Flying through the fog was difficult, as even his mechanical eyes couldn't see a thing, but Lord Vader had the Force. Using the Force he guided his craft to the ground.

Looking out the viewport he saw a lot of nothing.

Standing up, he opened the door and extended the landing ramp.

Breath Breath.

~~

Breath Breath.

Vader kept his hand on his saber, in case of a sneak attack.

His mechanical sensors were useless in this swampland brimming with life.

Through the Force, he thought he could focus on the lifeforce of one he used to know so well.

He walked in that direction.

Breath Breath.

~~
    Breath Breath.

In the distance he spotted the first thing that seemed out of place. It was an escape pod! Looking just beyond the pod, he saw a small being, standing, awaiting him.

Vader quickly unhooked his saber and raised it in his hand.

"Knew this would happen someday, I did, Lord Vader." came an old wrinkled voice.

"Your vaunted wisdom wasn't enough to save the Jedi," Vader taunted.

"While one Jedi breathes, defeated we are not." Yoda said, still not moving. "Anakin embodied this."

"That name no longer has meaning for me."

"Agree do I, Lord Vader. You have killed Anakin as you killed Anakin's wife."

Vader could hold his rage no longer, exploding outwards through the swamp.

His saber iginited in a fiery red. As he leapt towards th

2. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I don't think I've ever seen this idea before, and I applaud you for writing this. The concept of Vader confronting Anakin in the cave... of Anakin being his shadow-self, whom he destroyed... is very profound and you handled it well.

The constant mantra 'Breath Breath' makes me 'hear' Vader's loud inhalation/exhalation cycle in the background of this story, almsot like a soundtrack to the sequence.

Ten years later. Thirty seconds.
    Why was he still alive? Why did he torment himself daily?

*shivers with pity and loathing*

=D=

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  4. soxtalon

soxtalon Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    :) thanks! I liked the idea of mirroring father and son...it adds a whole new look at the ESB scene now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.