1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Art Archive Valan Moonda's Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Valan, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Valan Jedi Padawan

2. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello Valan, and welcome to Fan Art! You have quite a lot in your first post--it took me a while to go through everything, but I liked what I saw! Some of my favorite pieces were the Jedi Knight (in the thumbnail--good body proportions there, and a nice pose--great hair, too), Tahiri (you did a good job of duplicating that cover image!), Tavira (very pretty), and Drow (very cool mood you have going in that one!). You say you can't draw hands, but there are some good examples of hands that look fine to me (and I think that all artists have difficulty with hands--I have a link to a great tutorial for them, if you're at all interested). Coloring is something that comes with practice--all types of coloring media require different skills and it takes time to learn them--patience and practicing will help! Glad you chose to share these here, and again--welcome!

FF
  3. Valan Jedi Padawan

Thanks for posting, I am really excited to be here. This is the first time anyone has said anything much about my art, I really appreciate it:)

I am interested in a hand tutorial, I would really like to learn how to draw hands. I haven't done much practicing with coloring and I don't know if I will, I prefer just plain old sketching:D

I would love some critiquing and advice you might have, I want to improve my skills as an artist:)

Thanks for the welcome, I am happy to be part of Fan art site like this.
  4. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's the link to that hand tutorial: Hands

Be sure to view both pages for this, as the first one simply addresses structure and proportions--the second page takes you into movement and foreshortening, too. That entire site is a good one for general figure drawing--it's supposed to be mainly for Anime/Manga, but actually works for all sorts of figure drawing--the basics are really pretty similar. Hope that helps. And as to some advanced critique, I'd be happy to--just let me know what it is you're trying to work on, and I'll offer what I can (that's always a good thing to put into a post, too--that you're requesting critique on the work, so you can improve it; folks here are always willing to offer advice and suggestions!). Keep on drawing (and I understand about the pencil-fetish--I love graphite, myself!)!

FF
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.