Art Archive Valan's Art :::Updated 5-15-08::::

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Valan, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Valan Jedi Youngling

I have been drawing for a long time and Star Wars is my obsession, so of course, I draw Star Wars. I only sketch(I wish I could color on adobe, but it never works right), and sometimes the scanner is stupid and scans really bad pictures, that is why some of the pictures are going to be a gray color(I will try to get the scanner working better)

And as you can see at the moment I don't have to many Star Wars pictures, but I do plan on drawing some soon.

Star Wars Art

Yuuzhan Vong A Yuuzhan Vong concept I was thinking about for a character, but it might be another one I won't use. It's for a Rp based 2,000 ABY, thats why she isn't very mean looking and doesn't have any tattoos.

Twi'lek Just a Twi'lek concept I had...I don't know if I will use it or not...

Valan Moonda I was just sort of goofing off, so it isn't very good, but I figured I needed to do a picture of Valan(My Star Wars character)...

Jaina and Zekk I'm not sure if I like how this came out or not...Jaina is sort of funny looking...so is Zekk...

Scruffy Nerf Herder Another character for my sister...

Alema Rar A part from Fury I thought was one of the most emotional...I liked Jag in that part...

Luke SkywalkerHeres one of Luke I did a while ago, maybe around September.

Anakin Solo
    I used the cover of Edge of Victory for reference for this picture.

Anakin Solo, Ganner Rhysode, and Miko Reglia.

Daeshara'cor, Wurth Skidder and Dorsk 82

Sci-Fi Shows

Samantha CarterNew

Lt.Aiden Ford I had promised my sister I would draw him, so I did, the problem with this picture is that I used a really same reference photo for it...

Sam Winchester From Supernatural Tv show...

Dean Winchester from the Supernatural TV show.

X-files 2Another X-files pic I did, but this time I like Scully and Dogget more(Mulder and Reyes(sp?) are horrible looking.

X-filesHere's an X-files picture, I used the season 9 cover(I think)for a reference.(I can't stand how Dogget and Scully look)

D&D and Fantasy

Light Elves Yet another picture for my sister, she asked me to draw all the different elves on Imythess so I am doing that. This was actually quickly drawn(It probably looks like it) and really late at night...

D&D Character The same D&D character for my sist
  2. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello Valan, and welcome to Fan Art! I like these pieces (...being a graphite-junkie myself, I always like pencil work! :p )--your likenesses are very good! Good shading, and some interesting character interpretations, too. The one of Luke is really quite nice--very recognizable! We'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more from you--thanks for sharing these! :D

FF
  3. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling

star 3
    HI Valan

Great drawings! along with FF I also love the one of Luke. I also like the one of Anakin Solo, it's a great pic of him.
  4. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Welcome to Fan Art, Valan!!

I like your drawings. Very cool, especially the detail in the hair :D

~Nat
  5. Valan Jedi Youngling

Wow, thanks everyone for posting and welcoming me(I was here last year but left, now I am back).I am surprised you like my Luke picture, everyone here(Family) was making fun of it because his eyes are to big and bugging out! Which it doesn't look as severe as it does in real life.

And I have never considered myself good at all for drawing hair...but I have been trying on working on it, hair is one of the most annoying parts to draw, it is hard not to just scribble it on:D
  6. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    "I have never considered myself good at all for drawing hair...but I have been trying on working on it, hair is one of the most annoying parts to draw, it is hard not to just scribble it on"

Hair and hands seem to be some of our greatest challenges; I did a quick tutorial for doing hair here--it's very brief, but gives a good method (taught to me by another artist!) for sketching in the hair. Take a look--it might give you a new technique that will be useful! ;) In the meantime--keep up the good work (and remember that family are not always the best people to constructively critique your art... :D)!

FF
  7. kecen Jedi Master

star 4
    Excuse me, sticky fingers on keyboard.

I like the angel girl. Very soft lines, probably my favorite.
  8. Valan Jedi Youngling

To FalconFanI'll be sure to try that hair technique sometime soon.

To KacenThe angel girl; is a half averial elf and I think half human...I forget...but she looks sort of celestial, I don't think she acts like it though, in the D&D game she is the meat shield and always kicking other peoples butts.

I have new pictures up!!!
  9. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    The new pictures are great, Valan! I REALLY like the one of Aunt Dorothy--she is very beautiful, and I think you did her wonderful justice! Very nice facial proportions and features--keep up with that sort of work too! **nodding** Your RP character illo is very dynamic--foreshortening in a pose like that is a real challenge, but she looks great! Very nice work all (and the one of Alema from "Fury" catches my heart...poor thing...bad choices WILL come back to get you, that's for sure, in RL as well as in SW...)!

FF
  10. Valan Jedi Youngling

Thanks Falconfan, I appreciate it when you post!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner...RL stuff.
  11. Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling

star 2
  12. Valan Jedi Youngling

I am really bad at updated things...but I have at least one more picture up...I keep on forgetting to post my new art on DeviantArt, so I completely forget about posting here.

[image=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/136/1/9/Samantha_Carter_by_SeraphinaGreenbottle.jpg]

I have been watching a lot of Stargate lately, I've been wanting to draw a picture of someone from SG-1, but I have never gotten around to it until the other day. I was going through my Stargate magazines and decided to draw Carter, since it doesn't ever seem like they have good pictures of anyone else.lol
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.