main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga *Valentine's Day Special * : ANGEL OF THE SANDS - the Romance of Owen & Beru- story outline

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by R2D1000, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R2D1000

R2D1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    ANGEL OF THE SANDS

by Kent

Kentmail@lycos.com

The Romance of
    Owen Lars and Beru Whitesun

Plot summary

also availalble at

Please click Here

A teenage Owen, on a ruse, makes a trip to Mos Espa to mingle with his friends. Needing his father's approval to attend the upcoming Boonta festivities, he decides to stop by the marketplace to shop for his father's favorite chuba fish.

At the marketplace, he gets involved a big squabble with a vendor, over a sudden price hike and refuses to buy the fish, walking off in a huff. A young girl at the scene, a witness to the events, offers to sell him some fish she's bought earlier at the lower price. Owen thanks her and they talk briefly. They discuss the upcoming Boonta fair. There is a disruption to their conversation, due to a local squabble, and Owen returns from the marketplace, only learning her name, Beru Whitesun.

Eager to meet her again, Owen wonders if she could be related to a friend of his father Cleigg, named Geffen Whitesun. In a parallel to the dinner table scene in " A New Hope", Owen asks his father about Geffen Whitesun. "I told you to forget him" snaps Cleigg, who harbors intense hatred for Geffen. Geffen happened to be a great friend of Cleigg once, but the two famous Sabacc players had a falling out over a public game, where Cleigg claimed Geffen had clearly cheated.

Owen wants time off to attend the Boonta festivities, but Cleigg doesn't want him wasting time with his friends. Owen, with Shmi's help decides to attend the Boonta fair, without his father's consent. He asks 3-PO to work on the condensers

"Here see what you can do with them".

"Pardon me Sir, but what am I tell Master Lars if he were to ask where you were?" asks 3-PO

"Tell him I went to get some hydro transformers and hope he doesn?t deactivate you." says Owen hopping on to his speeder bike.

"That isn't very reassuring" whimpers 3-PO

At the fair, Owen is carefully avoiding some Dugs he owes money to, all through. He meets Beru there, and they participate in many of the games. Beru it turns out is in fact a rather good shot, winning many of the games of marksmanship. The all Bith music troupe of Trobin D?an, struggling young musicians, play a tune "Angel of the sands", which both of them love.

Owen learns that Beru's father is indeed Geffen Whitesun, a trader and owing to the existing animosity between his father and Geffen, has to lie to Beru about his last name being Skywalker. Beru enters in the "jump to Alderaan" sweepstakes, an all expenses paid tour of Alderaan. Owen finally asks her to the dance on Boonta eve.

The two lovers meet whenever possible aided by a common friend, Togu Nefris, an alien trader, who carries messages between the two. Unfortunately, the alien can only speak Bocce, but Owen and Beru get by with their limited knowledge of it.

The results of the Alderaan contest are announced, and Beru has won. Beru is ecstatic. However, her entry is disqualified at the last moment. An irate Beru demands an explanation, but the contest organiser Bib Fortuna refuses to assign reasons or refund her money. "Chu wana dunke no bata!! he snaps warning her not to ask too many questions.

On one of their meetings, an old friend of Owen refers to him as "Lars" and Beru learns his real name is Owen Lars. She feels bad about Owen lying to her and refuses to listen to his vain attempts to explain.

"Shut up!" she cries, visibly upset. The couple have a falling out of sorts.

At home her mother tells Beru not to trust boys ever again. "He seemed nice, I actually believed him " says a sobbing Beru Owen too, is upset but decides to try to make amends, and sends Beru a message through their alien friend, Togu Nefris.

Due to a mistranslation of Bocce by their alien friend, regarding the time & place to meet, Beru enroute from her shopping arrives at the wrong venue and identified by the Dugs as Owen's girlfriend, on a tip off by Garindan, a snout nosed alien spy, ends up being kid

2. R2D1000

Jun 15, 2003
    Suggestions/new ideas welcome

3. R2D1000

Jun 15, 2003
    opinions welcome

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    It sounds interesting. :) If you get to writing it, I'll try to stop by. You should probably put the plot outline in the thread you have at Writer's Resource, though - you'll get more help there, and the easier it is to get to, the more people will help, most likely. :)

Best of luck. :)

5. R2D1000

Jun 15, 2003
    Thanks so much oboana

6. R2D1000

Jun 15, 2003
    Plot outline added to writer's resource
    as per your suggestion.

7. R2D1000

Jun 15, 2003
    updated for Valentine's

8. R2D1000

Jun 15, 2003
    It sounds interesting. If you get to writing it, I'll try to stop by. You should probably put the plot outline in the thread you have at Writer's Resource, though - you'll get more help there, and the easier it is to get to, the more people will help, most likely.

Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it. I put it in the Writer's resource as you suggested, but it was deleted by the moderator.

Anyway, anymore suggestions?

9. DarthYong789

DarthYong789 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2003
    I like it :D happy valentines Day

10. R2D1000

Jun 15, 2003
    hey darth yong/ I'm glad you liked it. Did you like the dialogue parallels?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.