main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Valley Carpool

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I think it would be advantageous for us 818/626 folks to carpool down to the hood. [face_devil]

Jiltedtoo, are we still on for original plan?
    Is it too early to call shot gun? ;)

I could easily meet in Glendale. I take pride in establishing myself as designated
    drinker. :cool:

2. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah, lets see how many people want to carpool.

Seems like the Glendale area people have been quiet lately.

3. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    "If you post it, they will come...."
    Field of Dreams. (well almost)

4. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    *looking around*

No ones coming.

5. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Umm..what are we carpooling for? We can't be planning for Ep III already can we???

6. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Are you a Glendale areaish person?

We are all driving down to Long Beach for the Los Angeles Fan Force group meeting.

7. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    "Go the Distance"
    Ray Kinsella...

8. DEWGOD01

Mar 30, 2002
    No I'm in Long Beach..just felt like jumping in and being nosy... or else I would be down...

9. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Wierdest thing just happened to me, I was laying in bed when all of a sudden a voice whispers to me, "Go to the thread". Go to the thread? "Yes, go here: http://boards.theforce.net/post.asp?brd=10134&topic=10080779." So here I am, and down to carpool. :D

10. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Thank the gods Tie is back!

11. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Me too, me too! I work in Glendale, live in Studio City...and I've missed WAY too many of the LAFF gatherings! Wanna go, wanna go...

JediBith
    an East Side of the Valley West Sider

12. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    The silence is broken. I'm up for a carpool.

13. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Jiltedtoo, people will come They'll come to Glendale for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it''s money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered they're heroes.

And they'll talk about the trilogy and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. And the memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Jiltedtoo. The one constant through all the years, Jiltedtoo has been Star Wars. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But Star Wars has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past,Jilted It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh,.. people will come Jilted. People will most definitely come

OK: Be at Jiltedtoo's place at 5:30 PM, be prompt.

14. Dantrag_Thorn

Dantrag_Thorn Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2002
    I'm in for a ride.. I can even drive if people want though I like to drink too. But my Jetta can seat at least 4 possibly 5 including myself comfortably. Let me know what you all want to do.

15. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    LOL Bubba, very nice.

If people are coming over I need to make my bed and do my laundry! What will I wear?!

Actually I live North of Glendale up the 2, which might be out of the way for some. So I like the idea of meeting up in Glendale somewhere.

I have a Dodge Durango with three rows of seats. I can easily fit 6-7 people in my truck, 8 or more could turn into an adventure in itself.

16. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    We will meet to Carpool at this address:
    550 N. Brand Blvd. Cross street is Doran. Meet on the Brand Side, outside the glass doors.

There is plenty of free parking on Maryland.
    (Maryland is East of building, Brand is West) You may be able to actually park in the building, as I have a pass code. The building says City National Bank on it.

Be there by 5:30, we will leave at 5:45- sharp. If something comes up, my cell phone is: (310) 383-0546. (Marshall)

Right now we have Jiltedtoo, Tie, JediBith, Silent Bob, DanTrag. If anyone else is interested, please post something so we can plan accordingly.

See you there.

17. DEWGOD01

Mar 30, 2002
    Do you mind if I drive up just to be part of the carpool? I am feeling a bit left out right now... :) lol

18. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Can you hold on to the roof rack?

I promise to keep it under 80mph.

19. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    I'm thinking of going to the Ventura Fan Force meeting on the same day. It's at 11:30 am in Camarillo. Anyone want to go. Make it a Fan Force day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.