main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Valleyfest Film Festival

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheRealFennShysa, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Just letting everyone know that if you'd like to see The Jedi Hunter and Darth Vader's Psychic Hotline on the big screen with an audience, they will showing at the Valleyfest Independent Film Festival here in Knoxville April 9-13...

Showtimes (as of now) are 9:15pm Thursday, April 10 in TheaterA, with a Q&A with the cast & crew to follow, and again 9pm Saturday, April 12 in TheaterB...

I'll have some freebies to give away at the first screening as well... so if you're in the area, come watch it with us... just no heckling... :D

Fenn

2. cutiger

cutiger Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    "just no heckling" - Oh man, I guess that means we'll have to leave the rotten eggs for throwing at home? :) ..... Just kidding!

3. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    HUH? Valleyfest Film Festival....in Knoxville? What rock have I been hiding under? Are these fan films? What else is showing?

Oh, just clicked on your link....NOW I know what this is. And they're having SW fan films? How cool! Ah, wait! Wasn't there someone from Knoxville that made Psychic Hotline? If so, I work with a friend of his! Really cool. I'll be there.

4. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Valleyfest is a legitimate film festival that's been here in town for four years now... This year will be their fifth... most film festivals don't normally run fanfilms due to the problems with unlicensed music, but my films don't have that problem, since the music is original... and since they're parodies, they don't have to deal with the same copyright problems that the regular fiction fanfilm does...

Who's the friend of mine you work with?

Fenn

5. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Oh, well, he's an archaeologist....does that help? And a really swell and intelligent dude. He's currently laid off (stupid Tenn DOT!) and I miss working with him.

6. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    The only archaologist I know is Richard Polhemous (sp?), who was one of Heather's friends from college years ago... if that's him, I never knew him that well, although I'd met him a few times...

Fenn

7. jedibugger

jedibugger Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2003
    I didn't know their showing home movies now. I've got tons of the kids that could win first place!

8. jedibugger

jedibugger Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2003
    Hey folks, there's another version of that Jedi film on Kazaa. The editor took out the dialog and replaced it with more lifelike, realistic souhding ones, and cleaned up the effects. It feels better than the original.

9. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Just got confirmation from the gang.... Bob "VaderPainter" Bean and Brian Boling will be appearing in costume as their characters Darth Vader and Boba Fett at the Valleyfest Thursday screenings...

So ignore the sock/troll above, and come enjoy the films!

10. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    "So ignore the sock/troll above, and come enjoy the films!"

Amen to that! :D

11. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I hate that I missed 'em, but I hope it went well and that everybody had fun!

12. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I was there Saturday night, and it was awesome. The movie block wasn't bad and then Gene Roddenberry's son Rod was there promoting the film Trek Nation, so that was an unexpected treat. That alone had me stoked, and it will stick with me for a while. Going in, I didn't know what to make of Valleyfest, but now I would recommend it 100%. Very cool stuff!

13. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Rod's a cool guy... turns out he's a fan of our films as well... really loves The Jedi Hunter...

I had a meeting with him and Scott Colthorp (an old college buddy and Trek Nation's director) a month or so ago, and talked a lot with him at the festival as well, and it looks like I'll be doing some animation for the documentary now... probably just logos and elements, but we may do something with the TOS Enterprise...

Bob Bean and Brian Boling *did* make it up here Thursday with their Vader and Fett costumes, but due to an unexpected family emergency back in Atlanta, they weren't able to stay for the evening shows, as they bolted for home around 6pm... :(

Fenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.