main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Valorum

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Whizkid, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

Was Valorum voted out? It seemed liked as soon as Amidala voted no confidence he was automatically impeached. Did the vote take place behind the scenes?

2. Joeykin_Starrunner

Joeykin_Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    Yes I believe it did occur offscreen. If you recall, as soon as Amidala voiced it, the Senate went into an uproar, and order was being called for. I believe we were shown a close up of his reaction to the fact that everyone was lobbying behind his impeachment, and the mere fact that it was even brought up in the first place.

3. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    It seems to me that the Senate things that go on are crazy. I loved in AOTC when Jar Jar called for a vote to allow Palpatine emergancy powers they didn't even vote. Palpatine just stood up and told everyone that he would create an army. It seems that the Senate doesn't vote on things.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    That was his acceptance of the motion speech. He was merely stating what he WOULD do IF the Senate indeed voted him Emergency Powers.

5. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    the vote happened off screen.

palpitine returns to his quarters with a big **** eating grin on his face saying he has been nominated to replace valorum.

at least thats what your supposed to think...

what really happened was immeditly following the vote
    he demanded the entire senate bow down and kneel before him.

fortunatly a senator from krypton was able to stop his rampage
    thanks kal-el
    planet houston's senator was also involved.
    he seemed to switch sides and was asking something about austrlia.
    lex baby.

you guys keep asking questions about zod... I mean valorum. I just can't help it.

terrence stamp is a fine actor I do this only because he was poorly used in TPM.

6. Joeykin_Starrunner

Mar 26, 2005
    agreed. Which is why I think he's displayed bad blood towards Lucas in the past.

7. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    the reason for the bad blood is because of the awful experience he had shooting his scenes.

all blue screen. 2 days of work and one of them he had nobody on set with him. he is having a conversation with nobody.

swore to never work with lucas again. he felt he was not acting. felt he was just reading lines.

8. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002

Hear, hear.

"Acting is reacting."
    -Gene Frankel, The Acting Master who instructed me...

9. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    "It's all George's fault. He's jealous, he's holding me back!" - Terence Stamp

boo-freakin'-hoo.

10. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    to be clear I am not saying he is right just that was his opinion.
    he just did not enjoy being on set alone.
    even ewen and natilie have said the same thing.

and I can see where they are coming from.
    but hell just to be apart of star wars... who cares
    still check out the limy

this guy is great.

11. Joeykin_Starrunner

Mar 26, 2005
    Speaking of PT actors who voiced their dissatisfaction with the way they were made...did you guys ever read about how supposedly Lucas and Natalie Portman never got along, and that's why her perfomance as Padme in the movies isn't that great, because she didn't put her all into it and cause she didn't listen to Lucas' direction? In fact, he almost recast Padme DURING ROTS after Natalie and he clashed a few times. Also, reportedly, this caused Lucas to reduce her screen time in ROTS significantly. An interesting tidbit, true or not.

As for Valorum, he served his purpose and his screen time was appropriate. Just seems like overkill to cast a great actor like Terrance Stamp in such a small role when any actor woulda sufficed. In fact, Stamp quite possibly could have been just as cool as Lee was in the role of Dooku...maybe even better in a way, cause he seems like he woulda been more formidable than Lee, especially when you watch something like The Limey. He just gives off a chilly menace that is awesome to behold. Now, don't attack me for dissing Lee, I love the guy, and he was a perfect Dooku, I'm just sayin'Stamp woulda been cool too is all.

12. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    I can agree stamp would have been very cool in the role. but lee is perfect.

stamp would have been a more defined character, but lee is so sinister. he just has this evil presence.

which is why he was cast he is a monster movie magnet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.