main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Value of OT Original Soundtracks...

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by endangeredsp, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endangeredsp

endangeredsp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2003
    Mods I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, if so, let me know where to post.

I see that mostly everyone on this board including me has the OT SE Soundtracks, but does anyone own the original soundtracks (before the SE ones came out?) I have all three movie original soundtracks (I have ESB and ROTJ on cassette) and I have ANH on CD.

I bring this up because I'm wondering if they are worth something and maybe I could look into finding out what their worth because I'm sure they're out of print.

I also noticed that some of the songs on the original soundtracks were not included on the SE soundtracks--like "Laptinek." "Laptinek" is on the original ROTJ soundtrack and not on the SE soundtracks. Younger SW fans will probably never hear this song, but what a great song.

GK edit: Just clarified the title a bit.

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "Mods"

Don't worry, we have only one :p

And I can't remember a thread asking about the worth of the original soundtracks. I don't know it, either. But I'd say you should keep them. I'd do that.

And Lapti Nek probably wasn't on the SE soundtracks because it wasn't in the movie ;)

3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    We only have one mod? You mean I'm doing all this work by myself? :p

Younger SW fans will probably never hear this song

Well, if you've seen the original version of ROTJ, it is in there. ;)

Actually, I own all the original vinyl soundtrack albums. Their worth to me cannot be measured in any form of currency. I treasure them. :D What would someone else pay for them? I have no clue. Their musical value is very limited. (Especially my super-worn and scratched 1977 Star Wars double album.)

4. endangeredsp

endangeredsp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2003
    Ok, I see how to find out how many mods at the top. Didn't notice that. I'm new to the boards, and learning new things everyday. :)

Actually, the version of Lapti Nek on the soundtrack and the one on ROTJ are totally different. Even the lyrics, and Sy Snootles is not singing, I think it's some commercial artist--know what I'm talking about? I don't have the tape with me, but I'll get her name later I guess--or maybe you know, GK. That's what I meant by "they'll never hear it."

I've heard several versions of Lapti Nek. I have this video "the making of SW" and there's yet another version (the words were in English) "Dance With Me" was the name of it.

I think they should throw them all on a disk don't ya think? :)

5. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    My grandfather has the original Star Wars 1977 8-Track tape,I wonder what thats worth.

A few of the tracks are out of order,its quite odd.

6. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Yeah, all the original soundtracks have the tracks sequenced "out of order". The original 1977 soundtrack starts out with Main Title and side 4 ends with The Last Battle and Throne Room/End Title, but in between they are not all in chronological order. Some tracks are even mixed with cues from elsewhere in the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.