Valyn's Hangar: Be a part of something special...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Valyn, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yo... I claim #9!!!!!!!!!!

But does thins mean I have to quitew the EUDF? I dont know about that........
  2. Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uh, shurt, you're the only one

No, I'm Fire, (points) he's paper, and he's JMA. Got that? ;) :)
  3. Otto_den_Ktulu Force Ghost

star 5
    Ach, wow, icon's can screw a person up. Thought you were him, sorry [face_blush] :D
  4. Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Han Solo Cup Force Ghost

star 4
    Haha except that Fire_Light said that :D Not that it matters or anything, but I was the first one to have it :D

Papercuts-hurt
  6. stecm Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait, I'm confused. Is this some radical splinter group of the EUDF bent on flaming the Star Wars Films section of the boards into a pile of ashes or something?
  7. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Im confused.... I dont know if I should trust the "new" Valyn.... maybe this was a bad idea......
  8. stecm Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, here's the launch keys to the SCUD missile pointed at where Valyn lives in case he devolves into a drooling, violent, primate and tries to kill us all.
  9. Han Solo Cup Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't worry guys this sounds pretty harmless to me.

Papercuts-hurt
  10. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    NOTICE: To Dozen pilots, in case you want to reduce the number of characters in your signature, instead of writing "Dozen # of Valyn's Dozen", you merely need to put "Dozen #/Valyn's Dozen", that reduces the characters consumed by the word "of". :)

KorFallon: "So what exactly will Valyn's Dozen do?"

At the moment, my friend, we're merely trying to gather some insight as to how many people are actually interested in joining the Dozen. Once that's done, we'll emulate the EUDF cause, but take it from a different angle.
    While Dozen pilots will be free to patrol and so forth, such isn't required to be endeavored. Merely, if we see "troubled spots" (ie. Uninformed opinions being made about the Expanded Universe or abuse directed at the EU), then we try to inform the people involved in the conflict.

For instance, if someone's thread says "The EU sucks because Dark Empire contradicts Vader's destiny", we'd counter that argument by saying something like, "Well, Vader's destiny was to bring Balance to the Force. None of us truly know what Balancing the Force means, so DE doesn't really contradict anything but speculations".

We aren't going to shove the EU down throats, nor are we going to engage in the notorious "Canon Wars" that spring up intermittently.

The Dozen is an unofficial branch of the EUDF, so, basically, if you know what the EUDF does, then you're set. However, some 'Defenders don't appreciate loose, relaxed pilots. They preper military formality.
    The purpose of the Dozen in this regard is to offer people a chance to defend the EU without having to be encumbered by the "necessity" to appear formal and restricted.

We're fans of the EU, after all, not soldiers, right? There's no need to pretend to be something we're not. ;)

Otto: "This looks interesting, may I join?"

You may. ;)
    You are now at liberty to include the title "Dozen 5/Valyn's Dozen" in your signature. :D

Jae: "::Toilet Papers Valyn's X-Wing::"

:eek:
    Hey! That's the only X-Wing the Dozen has at the moment! The only other X-Wings belong to those of us that are still affiliated with the EUDF squadrons (such as Fire_Light's)! :eek:

Ben Skywalker: "Yo... I claim #9!!!!!!!!!!"

Uh...logically, you'd be Dozen Six, but if you want Nine, I see no reason why I can't grant that to you. ;)

"But does thins mean I have to quitew the EUDF? I dont know about that........"

Nope. As mentioned in my introduction, I'm accepting virtually anyone at the moment. Being obliged to serve in another squadron is of no consequence to me. :)

stecm: "Wait, I'm confused. Is this some radical splinter group of the EUDF bent on flaming the Star Wars Films section of the boards into a pile of ashes or something?"

To be honest, I'm against paTROLLING. I don't see the need to survey the forums for "hot spots", especially delving into the films forums only to cause trouble.
    If you're a regular of the "Purist" and "Completists" forums, then all I'm saying is that it would be nice to defend the different perspectives you're indulging should you see a need to. ;)

The Dozen roster as of now:

Dozen Lead: Valyn
    Dozen One: Fire_Light
    Dozen Two: Anonymous
    Dozen Three: C-3PX
    Dozen Four: KorFallon
    Dozen Five: Otto_den_Ktulu
    Dozen Nine: Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

11. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    :::EUDF Vice Admiral drops in unexpectedly:::

So...what do we have here... ?
    [face_plain]
  12. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Ah, Vice Admiral, good to see you. Sit, relax. :D

No, I'm not seeking to usurp the EUDF...I've been repeating that sentiment more than I originally thought would be necessary, actually. :)

I'm just checking to see how many people would actually be interested in joining the Dozen. :)

13. Rev_Leidu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Valyn: *whimpers* Help me! Fishi is trying to blind me on Yahoo! :(

EDIT:

Nevermnd :p :D
  14. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You're already blind, Rev :p

Valyn did you get my PM? ?[face_plain]
  15. Rev_Leidu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, don't make fun of my near-sightedness! :p Meanie! :p :D
  16. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm near-sighted myself :p
    Just not as much ;)
  17. Rev_Leidu Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Har, har. I'm 20/50 with my glasses! Let's all laugh! :p :D
  18. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  19. KorFallon Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is Dozen 4 looking for a drink
  20. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    So, the Hangar is just another name for a saloon, eh ? If thats the case, then get me a Corellian Whiskey...and make it a double. :)
  21. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    What's up, KorFallon? :)

Fishi, I got it...I'm getting to it. I'm really tired and under the weather today. And I have to leave for work in maybe four hours or so. I should take a nap before then... :(

22. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    does that kind of defeat the purpose? this is a hanger, go work on your ships, if you want to get hammered go to Sturm's place!
  23. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    what? I have a cold...not able to perform at optimum intellectual capacity... :(

24. KorFallon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you want me to recruit some wing mates?
  25. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    KorFallon: Nah, that's all right. But, if you know anyone that might be interested, just let 'em know 'bout us, I guess. :)

Sorry I can't be more productive at the moment...I'm not feeling too well. :(

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.