main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Valyn's Hangar: Be a part of something special...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Valyn, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *pokes head in door*

Alright, while it might be a decent enough idea to have an EUDF "social thread," you've also turned this into your own personal recruitment thread. Not cool.

I understand that you have some issues with the way that the EUDF operates. Specifically, you accuse us of "paTROLLING" as you put it. That's cool, we can discuss that.

As DVader put it, you're accusing people of trolling in this thread. Even in jest, that's not cool. By the same token however, threatening to shoot someone in order to give them a permanent limp is also not cool. Even if you try to "joke-fy" it with smileys.

I think that everyone involved needs to take a moment to consider what it is they're trying to accomplish, and why.

*departs*

2. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Oh Lord, it begins.

3. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Seeing as how Stryker's in the Air Force, I guess that makes him the Dozen's best pilot...even better than...me...

I think that would make me third-best if I wanted to join this circus ;) I spent my childhood around planes :p

Seriously, Valyn, grow up. [face_plain]

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    DVader: "I must reiterate RF's comment in referrence to you calling the EUDF trolls. Whether you were joking or not, it would be appreciated if you didnt call myself or your fellow wingmates / friends trolls. Even in a joking manner it really isnt all that funny, and alot of people take that the wrong way. Its just not cool, dude. We're all on the same side here...or at least we were last time I checked..."

I'm sorry, man. I wasn't trying to indict the entire EUDF as being trolls. I know that the better majority don't go around trolling. I should have phrased my words better, I realize. I'm sorry...I evidently have a bad penchant for articulating myself inacurately. :(

Face: "Yeah, went rogue, gave yourself two promotions, named a squadron after yourself yet insist you're not on an ego trip, refuse to follow orders from a higher ranking EUDFer, friend, and former wingman yet insist you're still a member of the EUDF, insult your former Squadron mates at every oppurtunity and call your friends a bunch of trolls....

....but wouldn't want to appear arrogant or anything..."

Minor details... :p

Seriously, though, the "insults" are in jest. Hey, I've been insulted by my old wingmates quite a bit, and I was able to shrug it off...

Okay, this whole issue has been blown WAY out of proportion! The Hangar was initially designed as a place where I'd be able to see how many people would be interested in joining the Dozen. That was the primary purpose.

The secondary purpose was to serve as an EUDF (and others) social hangout for a while.

I realize that I've said things that led to negative ramifications. I didn't mean for those negative ramifications to happen.

I wasn't trying to inflate my ego or prove how "superior" I am. Most of what I was doing, if not all that I was doing, was done with the intention of basically having fun.

I think that my actions are being over-scrutinized. I don't really know what more to say. I don't harbor any ill feelings towards any of you. I'm sorry if it seems that way. I'm sorry if I'm unable to articulate my perceptions as acurately as I would like to. And I'm sorry that I'm being misunderstood so much.

If it'll amend the problem, then I'll disband the Dozen. But I don't want to leave my recruits hanging. So, I only ask that you welcome them to the EUDF, so that our initial purpose will still be pursued.

5. Taz_Jinn

Taz_Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    ok... a few questions...
    1. What is this EUDF ?
    2. Aren't those of you who are giving him crap just as bad as what he said you are.. if you're not Trolling you're flaming the poor guy
    3. Aren't we all here for an ego trip? Aren't we all here so that we can pretend to be who ever the heck we want to be?

Ok.. now that I've set myself up to be flamed and trolled by a bunch of morons who will take everything out of context and overly personal (yeah I'm talking to you,... yeah you the dork with the puzzled and enraged look on its face) I will move on...

Oh and Valyn if you ever need a techie or darn good A-Wing pilot let me know... I may be able to take a break from the outcast long enough to help a friend :p

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    1. What is this EUDF ?

The other link near the top ;)

2. Are those of you who are giving him crap just as bad as what he said you are.. if you're not Trolling you're flaming the poor guy

If one feels that they are being bashed, and retorts, they're not flaming.

3. Aren't we all here for an ego trip? Aren't we all here so that we can pretend to be who ever the heck we want to be?

No, I'm here to...............talk about Star Wars :)

7. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Valyn, the original purpose of the squadron (to serve as a social hangout for the EUDF) seems kind of defeated in the fact that very few are actually here. If that was the case, then why did you start "Valyn's Dozen"? ?[face_plain]

And it's nice to see you're back to your original icon :)

8. KorFallon

KorFallon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2001
    Wow, this is better than a soap oprea! I'm staying clear of this fight.

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Thanks for the support, Taz... :)

Fishi: :confused:

Suddenly, I wonder if I'm being misunderstood so much because people simply don't read what I say...

10. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I just realized I haven't been here for awhile. Looks like I missed a lot of drama.

11. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I think I need an eye opener

12. KorFallon

Jun 24, 2001
    As long as the Ewok horde doesn't come back I'm fine. Me and my jawas don't like those gibberish spewing furballs.

13. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Valyn - You said that this was a "social hangout" for the EUDF. True or false?

True.

...purpose was to serve as an EUDF (and others) social hangout for a while

Now how many EUDFers are "Hanging out" here? It seems to me like your second purpose has been defeated.

And I can't discern the reason for you even wanting a "dozen" other than to flaunt your ego

14. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Fishi: "Valyn, the original purpose of the squadron (to serve as a social hangout for the EUDF) seems kind of defeated in the fact that very few are actually here."

Let me know when it dons on you that what you said didn't make sense and implies that you didn't read exactly what I wrote. [face_plain]

15. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Look above yuo :)

16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Fishi: Obviously, you're going to need me to hold your hand while I help you cross the street towards logic. [face_plain]

I said that the HANGAR was designed with two purposes: to garner insight as to how many people would join the Dozen, and to serve as a social thread for the EUDF and others.

I mentioned the SQUADRON's purpose at least twice in this thread. And that purpose was NOT the same as the HANGAR's purpose.

Now, I guide you to common sense:

How can a SQUADRON serve as a social hangout? A squadron is a team. You don't hangout in a team. You hangout with a team.
    Thus, to hangout somewhere, one needs a location. Hence the HANGAR.

Let me know when I can let go of your hand.

17. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Valyn, you're being immeasurably picky. So she said squadron when she meant hangar, big deal. It was very clear from the rest of her statement what she was talking about and if you couldn't make the leap of thought necessary to comprehend it, it's your fault and not hers, so stop insulting her intelligence.

18. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Sorry, my bad.

Let me rephrase that.

Valyn, the original purpose of the hangar (to serve as a social hangout for the EUDF) seems kind of defeated in the fact that very few are actually here.

NOW can you reply without resorting to nitpicking minutae? :)

19. KorFallon

Jun 24, 2001
    Actually there are quite a few people here, including myself.

20. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    KorFallon: Yes, but none are in the EUDF :) And Valyn showed that this hangar was meant to be a social hangout for the EUDF :)

21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    If you all are going to criticize my statements without supporting evidence that you actually comprehended my statements, then what am I supposed to do? Assume that I'm always the bad guy?

Read what I say if you want to argue with me.

Moreover, I didn't say that the Hangar was an exlusive hangout for the EUDF. I said "others" as well. Others have been in here. So the second purpose of the Hangar has not been defeated.

If you guys are so tempted to argue with me, isn't the mere act of visiting this thread a demonstration of trolling? All you're doing is criticizing me repeatedly.
    No one's forcing you to come in here.

22. KorFallon

Jun 24, 2001
    Well you're from the EUDF, and you have been posting here with lot of other EUDFers too. So you can't say no EUDFers have been here

23. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    KorFallon: I have a feeling that I don't really count as being an EUDF member at the moment. [face_plain]

24. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    Valyn, i believe you still are part of the EUDF. but that does not give you the right to recruit your own people.

25. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Valyn,

I really appreciate you as a person man, and you and I go pretty far back on these forums, but I think as far as the EUDF is concerned, you might be a bit out of line. :(

Can you honestly not see their point? I don't condone these personal attacks on you, but some of the EUDFers are going to be offended by you branching off and starting your own squad at the drop of a hat. :(

JMA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.