main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Vampire Princess Mara. Crossover/angst. L/M... sorta. First post on 4/15/2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This is a crossover between SW and the anime series Vampire Princess Miyu. SW obviously belongs to George Lucas, and Vampire Princess Miyu was created by Toshiki Hirano and Narumi Kakinouchi.

Informational link for the anime

Disclaimer:

This won't be the 'typical' Striker fic. This will be a lot darker than my usual fare. If you come in here expecting lightness and fluffiness, you'll be disappointed. Vampire Princess Miyu is the NJO of magical girl anime in terms of darkness.

PM list:

If you want PMs, please tell me!

Here we go!

Chapter One: Nightmares
    The corridor was black. Not dimly-lit or without light sources, but the black of the void. The type of black that was in between galaxies-or in the darkest reaches of the soul.

Mara held her hand out as she walked along, stumbling over several ruts in the floor and crevices gouged out. ?Hello!? she shouted. ?Anyone here?? She bit back a curse at the situation. ?Where am I? Oh, when I get my hands on you??

The threat trailed off as she began wondering
    how she arrived in this corridor. Her left hand went to her belt, but found nothing hanging there. ?No lightsaber. All I can do is curse the darkness,? she muttered, more to make sure she didn?t go mad from sensory deprivation. ?Hello?? she called out once more. ?Damn it!?

A
    click could be heard, and a blinding light appeared. Mara shielded her eyes and recoiled from the glare. When she recovered, she cracked an eyelid and let a tiny bit of light enter her emeraude-colored eyes. She suddenly shifted into a defensive stance, left foot forward, back slightly hunched and arms raised defensively . ?Who are you?? she asked.

All around Mara, shadowy beings stood, cloaked in shadow and featureless, anonymous. All of different heights and body types, but Mara couldn?t make out their faces.

?Who are you?? she asked again, arms trembling. A cold creeping feeling slid up her spine and her limbs turned numb. ?Please??

Instead of answers or silence, the worst thing in the galaxy came from their invisible mouths. Mockery and taunts, jibes and insults.

?She doesn?t understand??

?Did you expect her to??

?None of them ever do.?

?But most of them get it before now.?

?She?s pathetic, not worthy of even being Skywalker?s wife!?

?Anything simple slips by her.?

Mara?s temper built and soared past the boiling point until, ?Shut up!? she shouted. Her lips curled and her eyes blazed as she continued. ?I have had enough of this! You will me who and what you are, or I swear-?

?You are the new Guardian.?

Mara whirled about, stopping short as she came face-to-face with a young woman-or girl. She was petite, a head shorter than Mara. She wore no shoes, but had a red ribbon tied around her right foot and ankle, crisscrossing over her toes. She wore a short dress that came down to mid-thigh, tied at the waist with a shimmering red sash with identical red lining. Her brown hair was tied at the left side of her head into a bun, with red ribbon and a long tail.

What was most haunting, however, was her face. Her features were that of a child, innocent and sweet. Her eyes, however, were pale yellow and that of a hunter. Of a creature that had seen much and done more. Her lips quirked up in a smile, although her eyes remained focused.

It was a few moments before Mara found her voice again. ?The new what??

A laugh escaped the child?s mouth. ?The new Guardian. It shall fall upon you to banish the Shinma to the Darkness.? She held up her hand and a small ball of fire formed in it.

Mara waved her hands and backed up a couple of steps. ?The Shinma? What the kriff is a? a Shinma??

Miyu stepped forward, flame leaping about in her hand. ?God-demons, the ancestors of the Sith. They are the true masters of the Dark Side. It will be your duty to track stray Shinma and return them to Darkness.?

Mara let out a bark of laughter. ?You?re craz

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, sweet/freaky beginning. And much better tone than the original version of this chapter.

3. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Hmm, quite interesting. I know I've heard of Vampire Princess Miyu... can't wait to see where you're taking this.

4. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome chapter. Is that how the original anime opened?

5. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Innnnnnteresting. Welp, if it's got Mara, I'm game! :p

Great start, Striker! Highly creepy, and I liked when Luke was trying to wake her. Somehow it made it less of a dream. Something you just can't shrug off, you know? Excellent.

I'll have to try and research the series. I know you've recommended it before. I'd like to be PMed with updates, please! [face_batting]

Up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.