Abq Van Helsing

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So anyone want to join me saturday evening for van helsing?
  2. LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan

star 4
  3. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    wait a second, this saturday is your birthday party. we can't go.
  4. LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan

star 4
  5. Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Did I mention....I saw Van Helsing on Friday!!! It rocked!!!!
  6. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    it was awful! i almost cried.. .no seriously, i realy did not like it at all. I did laff once, when they showed the picutre of Dracula when he was alive. but ugh, so so so so so so so bad.... oh the part with his shirt off was good as welll. Like reign of fire-which is really called "Christian Bale with his shirt off for 5 seconds" Van Helsing is now called "Hugh Jackman Scruffy and Yummy-with his shirt off"
  7. Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    VAN HELSING ROCKED!!!!!

On a lighter note....I watched Harry Potter last night....I do not get it? What is all the hype? :confused:
  8. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    read the books, it makes more sense.

i can't like Van Helsing, especially when they go so off actual legend. I know its a fictional movie but man, I;m sorry it was bad! I wish I could get my money back.
  9. Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Your killing me Varza!!!!!!
  10. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    to each their own, right :p

its more important we all like star wars. the whole world should like star wars as much as we do then there would be world peace. oh wait, we can't even get peace on the boards let alonet he whole world!
  11. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    So Gecko, you watched the original Harry Potter the other night? Broadcast on ABC?

See, that's my one problem with the movie is that it relies to heavily on the book. By that, I mean that the book lends so much more to the story than what the movie portrays. Things happen in the movie that make little to no sense if you haven't read the books.

But don't sweat it, Jess. The first two films leave much to be desired, in my opinion. The reason Harry Potter is such a phenomenon is because it builds upon the universe and stories of each successive book. Imagine what Star Wars would've been like had there only been one. You have to get into the whole Potterverse to "get it", I think. But that's just my opinion.

And I'll gladly share my Harry Potter opinions with anyone! I LOVE THE STORIES!!!!

Oh, Jess, if you want, you can borrow my HP discs and watch them (but skip the ending of The Chamber of Secrets film. Absolutely horrid!) Then, plan on heading to Prisoner of Azkaban with all of us. That one will knock your socks off. Dark and demented... You should like it!
  12. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    the endings were not that great in either of them, but wait a second. lets head over the the HP thread... going to bump that up.

only a few more weeks to go. I am so excited!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.