main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Van Helsing

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Lady_Lucas, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    We went and saw Van Helsing last night and I would give it 1 star. The special effects were nice but the rest of it was a little silly.

2. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    considering it was made by the same guy who made 'The Mummy', is it any wonder?

I still would like to see it though. its probably gonna be a dvd release for me...

3. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i don't know i thought it looked just cheesey enough
    to watch but i want to wait until it is showing in
    the cheap theater to go see it

4. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I actually thought it was a great movie
    like Angel said, the effects were really good, and Hugh Jackman was really good in it

5. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I know, it looks really great. a fun popcorn movie.

I'm just not going in looking for meaning of life stuff...

I still want to see it. don't get me wrong...

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    My sister wants to see this. It does look like the kind of movie where you just sit back and go with the flow. It looks like it kind of has an Army of Darkness feel to it, so I should like it.

I think what has people confused is the trailers for the movie were all serious. And Dark Horse Comics just put out a Van Helsing special issue that was totally serious.

7. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    It was a good popcorn action flick and thats it. If you're looking for something revolutionary dont bother seeing it. I just wish the entire movie was black and white, because the beginning was very dark and moody in black and white.

PS. Kate Beckinsale is hot.

8. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I thought it was very good. I really enjoyed it. FX were great, it was a good story, and well acted. The concept was pretty cool too. Not one of my favorite movies of all time or anything, but definately worth buying when it comes out.

9. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I thought about going to see it. Over in Hamilton, there are two reasonably priced first run theaters so I might just go see it soon.

10. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I wouldn't buy the movie, but it was nice to eat theater popcorn. ;) I would rather see Shrek II than ever see Van Helsing again. :D

11. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm back, finally!!! :) Got the new puter in, since the other one died on us last week... anyways...

I know I might sound a little harsh, but I have been looking forward to that movie for a long while, and it was a HUGE disapointment...

Van Hellsing was absolutely the WORST movie I have seen since I moved here 4 years ago... I think it's even worse than Burton's "Planet of the Apes", wich was really dreadfull... I would even go through the 1st Harry Potter (the 2nd one was actually pretty good :) ) than watching this turd again!!
    Special effects are okay, but nothing great (EPI is still way superior). The story is awfull (is there even one? And when did the Angel Gabriel even take human form?? Must have missed something...), some of the acting ridiculous (exept for our dear Wolverine and Faramir, who was actually the ONLY good thing about the movie). Wait, the Werewolf was cool too. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE @#*@ WAS DR. FRANKENSTEIND DOING IN TRANSILVANYA??? The vilains are tasteless (Dracula is boring to tears), and the end is... how can I put it... ridiculous!!! Everybody was trying not to laugh too hard in the theatre during the last 5 minutes...
    I think the worst of the worst is still the female vampires... I would rather face an entire army of Jar Jar Binks than having to face them again!!!
    Hopefully, the movie won't make any money, therefore no sequel... If you want to see it, wait for the DVD, and don't buy it, borrow it!!! ;) Or it might end up with those "AOL" coasters... :D
    In one word, Save your $$$, there's plenty of cool movie coming out this summer!!

12. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    jeez ludo, you tore that movie to shreds.

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I know... The movie was really awfull...
    My sister and her boyfriend are huge vampire and werewolves fans, and they really were looking forwars to the movie... They saw it 2 days ago, and told me it was a HUGE disappointment... I actually didn't waste my money, because we really had a good laugh discussing the movie!!! :) Geez, that movis is really awfull.....
    My sister had a great idea! Get a petition going so the director wouldn't make any more movies!! lol :)

14. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Yes, but that is the same director that made the Mummy and the Mummy was a pretty good popcorn flick. :)

15. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I have to agree...

16. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    I saw it tuesday and I should have went with my first assesment: cheap theater.

The first ten or fifteen minutes were cool then it went downhill from there.

17. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, you can't say I didn't warn you! lol ;)

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I saw it in a cheap theater too. I kind of liked it. It wasn't high art, and there were plot holes you could drive a truck through, but it had a sense of fun my sister and I enjoyed. Still, I probably wouldn't recommend it to people I knew.

19. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
  20. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Ludo here is a BIGGGGGGGGGGG KISS for you! :*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.