main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Vana's fanarts ^_^ UPDATE 11/09/09 (CAD BANE ! ^^)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vana, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I will post my fanarts in this topic :)

Here are my fanarts of Kit Fisto! ^^

are there any other Kit Fisto fanarts? I have drawn some :) hope you will like them. (the thumbnail are not well-sized, but click to enlarge and to view the fanarts with their good size ^^)

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/kit_fisto_fanart.jpg]
    (young Kit Fisto - meditation)

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/fisto_finaly.jpg]
    (done 100% with photoshop)

[image=http://site.voila.fr/vanablog/jap/ombrekit2.jpg]
    (emerging from darkness... ^^)

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/kit_blue.jpg]
    Jedi in the moonlight

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/kitou33.jpg]
    little Kit Fisto ^_^

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Cool! First reply! These are all fabulous, Vana--your skill with drawing figures is excellent, with great movement and fluidity. Very nice! I love all the different types of lighting you have going on, too: from strong, directional light to very soft shadows--it creates wonderful emotion in your work. And I really like the Chibi Kit--cute-cute! Can't wait to see more of your stuff!!

FF

3. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Those are awsome some of the best Kit fanart Ive seen, you know how to do figures very well. I like to see more work of yours.

4. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thank you very much ^^ I will post more drawings later.

Fanarts of Kit Fisto are very rare. I'm searching fanarts of him by other artists (I have seen Regalion's)... so if you find good artworks of Kit Fisto, please tell me ^^

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Like I've said in the other thread, I really admire your drawings. I just love the emotion you are able to capture in them. Excellent work! :)

6. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thank you again ^___^

But there are no many people posting around here :(

7. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    emerging from darkness

That has to be my favourite one, the lighting on it is very nice.

8. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    oh wow O.O!!! those are awesome fit fisto fanarts :D!!! you captured his likeness and aura perfectly ;)! heheh...i see you're a huge fan of his ;)! can't blame ya. kit's pretty cool :)!

wonderful coloring and lighting too :)! really really great colors :D! and that chibi little kit is damn cute ^_^! heheh...i wonder what he's so happy and jumpy about? :D. keep up teh awesome work

9. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    thanks a lot ^__^

Yes I am a huge fan of Kit Fisto, and a fan of Nawara Ven too (you know, the Twi'lek in the Rogue Squadron ^^)

I just finished to draw and colorize him:

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/nawjpg.jpg]

what do you think of it? ^^

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, Vana, that's great! I love his expression, and the detail on his helmet is superb! Well done!

FF

11. rebelscum74

rebelscum74 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Vana...
    Top Notch! I've been looking for an artist with edge and still a "soft" enough art style for some Tattoos I'm looking at getting done. Have you done any Vader fanarts? Love your stuff!!!

12. darfvader

darfvader Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Vana,
    same person as above, just forgot to log my bro out.
    If you have any Vader art, I would LOVE to see it.
    Send me a PM for email. Keep up the great work!

13. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    thanks ^^ male Twi'leks are not very easy to draw ^^ I wanted to draw one ( but a quite handsome one, and not as ugly as Bib Fortuna).

Vader art? Eeer... I didn't draw him yet.

14. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    That's very good, allthough I always thought of Nawara as looking a bit older then that. Oh well, it's still awsome ;)

15. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Older? Nawara? I don't know... most of the pilots in the Rogue Squadron are between 17 and 30 years old, so I though Nawara was 27 or something like that... ^^

16. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I think he looks more like in his early 20s in that pic then late 20s. :p

17. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I didn't want to draw wrinkles, because he would look too old and too ugly... lol ^^

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    lol! [face_laugh] "Old and Ugly...?" A few wrinkles can sometimes add a lot of character and maturity to a face (plus it's a good exercise to try to draw faces of all ages--for me, kids are even harder than older faces...different proportions and all...). As to the Twi'lek portrait--maybe Twi'leks don't age the same way humans do, and look fabulous even into their "golden years"--look at Aayla, after all: a fully matured Jedi, Twi'lek, and she's smokin'! So maybe Nawara is just typical of his species, and maintains that "youthful glow" for most of his life...?

As to drawing Vader, Vana--I think you'd do a smashing job of it, and it might be a good stretch for you, to take a stab at "The Dark Lord" (it's good to try stuff we don't ordinarily do...). Your ability to work with light and shadow would probably make a stunning image--I'd like to see it, too! :D

In the meantime, keep doing what you do--it's outstanding work, and always a treat to see!

FF

19. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes I'll try myself to draw old faces, and Dark Vador too ^^

I don't like Aayla Secura very much, but she looks young, yes. But it's only because the comics' authors wanted to draw her with sexy outfits to make boys drool while seeing her... -_- that's why she looks young and pretty, even if she's not THAT young.

Unlike Aayla's, Nawara's design was not created only to attract readers.

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I like to see character illustrations--of all types--and always enjoy seeing how other artists "envision" characters--from the novels, from fan fiction, or from the movies. Keep doing what you do, Vana--it's wonderful work, and we all love seeing it! :D

FF

21. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Very nice Vana, I love the little kit!

22. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    thanks ! ^^

I just finished a drawing of Kit Fisto in his Clone Wars outfit (but with some modifications). I want to find a colorist who could color it... I can do it but I don't have much time...

23. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Look at my Thrawn artwork ^^ what do you think of it?

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/erf2.jpg]

I wrote "Grand Amiral" and not "Grand Admiral" because in French, there's no "d" in "Amiral"... (I'm French ^^) anyway "grand" is French too.

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ah, the Grand Admiral (however one spells it! ;) )! Don't you love the Chiss, with that cool blue skin and those glowing red eyes...? This is a wonderful portrait of Thrawn, Vana--as always, good shading and coloring. I get a real kick out of seeing the EU characters portrayed, so this is great! Nice job!

FF

25. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    thanks! ^^ are there any other Thrawn fanarts in this forum? I searched but I found nothing about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.