main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Vana's fanarts ^_^ UPDATE 11/09/09 (CAD BANE ! ^^)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vana, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    omg, I LOVE YOUR NAWARA VEN :D!!! damn AWESOME coloring and the look on his face is priceless ;)! heheh...now that's one guy i'm not gonna mess with ;)! as for ADMIRAL THRAWN, very good artwork too ;)! he has a more animated feel to him, but nonetheless still kicks ass ;)! can't wait to see more of your work ;)! your art style's pretty good ^_^!

2. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    thank you so much ^_^

I plan to draw a more "artistical" drawing of Thrawn. More complex. After all, Thrawn loved art... he was so right! :D

3. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Wow! Kit Fisto seems to be a favourite around the fanart boards and you've done him a lot of justice with these great pics! :) I particular love the darkness one with the dramatic lighting, I'm a bit of a sucker for great lighting though. Oh and I love the Nawara Ven piece, I don't think I've ever seen any fanart for him. :D

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    :eek:

That Thrawn is so awsome!!!!111!!!!!!01!!!!!!one!!!!! :D

5. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I love your characters! The coloring is superb. And the chibi Kit is GREAT. :)

6. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Love your Work! Great Job on the Thrawn. Truly a nod to one of the greatest strategists of all time.

7. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Lovely art over all. Both the subjects and the coloring thereof are most excellent.

For some reason, your rendition of Thrawn reminds me of Saitoh Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin. And that's a good thing! ^_^

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow! You are a wonderful artist. I love all of your drawings!

AG88

9. Jedi-Atreides

Jedi-Atreides Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Good Job Vana!
    May I request more cute Chibi Jedi characters? The Kit Fisto one is darn cute. I would love to see Luke/Anakin/Han/Leia/Amidala as a lil Chibi.

10. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thank you, all of you ^_^

more chibi drawings? why not! I love drawing chibies :)

here is my new fanart of Thrawn, far better than the previous one I think (it took me more time too...) I was not very satisfied with my first drawing of Thrawn so here is a new one :)

[image=http://site.voila.fr/lesmondesopposes/bibi/thrawn_ysalamir_medium.jpg]

what do you think of it?

11. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Very cool [face_dancing]

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Your two Thrawn pieces are wonderful, Vana--and I agree with you--the second one (most recent post) is the best! I really like the expression on his face, and the ysalamiri around his shoulders is quite classic! Shading and coloring are beautiful, and his uniform looks very "pressed and polished!" Like the gloves, too, BTW--an interesting choice--perhaps to keep from getting fingerprints on his most beloved art pieces...? Very nice rendering of our favorite Grand Admiral!

FF

13. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Terrific image of Thrawn. I like his expression and the dragon-thing (I'm Thrawn unknowledgable) resting on his shoulders. Nice work on his uniform, too!

14. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    thanks! ^^

the "dragon-thing" is an Ysalamir, a creature which can repel the Force.

15. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Ooo...I dig your interpretation of the ysalamiri...it looks like a little dragonesque which is interesting. :) I'm glad for the increase of Thrawn fanart around here... *twitches thumbs nervously to want to draw our main blue man* I'll have to try...all this art is very inspiring. Glad to see some more work from you, I feared you'd stopped posting.

16. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I won't stop posting ^^

other fanarts of Thrawn? if you find some nice ones, please tell me ^_^

17. Inwe_Galathil

Inwe_Galathil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2005
    I love your Thrawn fanart! And I'm glad to see more Thrawn fanart here. I mean, he's an important character in the EU and there's hardly any really good images on him.

18. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    ^_^ I bought all the comics with Thrawn inside (adaptation of the trilogy of Timothy Zahn) :)

here is my drawing of Thrawn in the novel "Mist Encounter", where he is in exile on a foreign planet. Yes, he had long hair at this time :)

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/brume.jpg]

19. Spin

Spin Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    You've posted beautiful work. It has a nice feel to it, and your anatomy on Kit is really good!! Nice work. :)

20. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    this is the only thing i have to say about your art :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Great job with the silhouette. It's sometimes hard to draw a silhoutte that has any visual interest, so having Thrawn holding up his gun and showing the intense expression in his eyes really helps. Nice work drawing mist, too. It does, in fact, look like mist instead of just a colour swirl or something.

-wick

22. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    thanks ^^

23. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    next I will post another fanart of Thrawn in Mist encounter. A profile portrait. ^^

For now, it is Thrawn wearing Chiss clothes.
    [image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/chiss_piti.jpg]

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    That's very good =D=

Although it looks kind of like he's trying to be Elvis :p

25. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    It's a young Thrawn, still on Csilla (planet of the Chiss). Elvis? LOL! I didn't thought of this drawing this way... poor Thrawn...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.