Art Archive Vana's fanarts ^_^ UPDATE 11/09/09 (CAD BANE ! ^^)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vana, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Inwe_Galathil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    *squeals happily* More Thrawn pics! Yay! :D

The Mist Encounter silhouette looks so cool. Him in the shadows holding up the blaster with his eyes glaring out looks awesome.

I also like the one below the Mist Encounter one. You are doing such an excellent job on Thrawn. Keep up the good work! :)
  2. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    This one is a chibi version of Thrawn. He looks so sweet like that! ^_^

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/THRAWNetoiles.jpg]

3. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwwwwww!!

**hugs darling little ysalamiri**

How sweet is this!? I love this, Vana! This style, I swear, makes even the most calculating villain adorable! The coloring is great, and so is the starfield and the "aura" you have around Thrawn and his "pet!" Great piece!

FF
  4. ThrawnRocks Jedi Master

star 6

:eek:

Best. Picture. Ever.

[:D]
  5. Chilla Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: Your pistures are all wonderful. I especially love your drawings of kit fisto. [face_love]
    Keep working!
  6. wicktone Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Aww. Very amusing image, and it's technically very well drawn and coloured. Very clean rendering and lines!
  7. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling

star 2
    That is cute beyond words! Thrawn depicted as a little adorably cute cuddly guy isn't something I thought I'd ever see. One thing I guess I should have learned by now being at this forum is to expect the unexpected.

I have to admit though that I just about choked on the water I was drinking from laughing when someone pointed out that your profile portrait of "Thrawn in Chiss clothes" looked as though he was trying to be Elvis. Lol, the outfit does somewhat remind me of his famous jumpsuit thingy. Anyways, besides that similarity, he's drawn very well and there was some really good work put into the intricate details on his suit. The black around his eyes really enhances his villainous nature too.

P.S. I want that Ysalamiri on Thrawn's shoulders. :D

- Suz ^_~
  8. dashleebo Jedi Knight

star 6
    Very cute Thrawn. Colouring and drawing are niiiiice. :D
  9. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks! ^^

yes, my Elvis Thrawn... I'll will remember it! lol ^^

now this is a young Thrawn, as he is described in mist Encounter, a novel by Tim Zahn. Thrawn is in exile in a distant world covered by jungle. He is about 22 in this novel, I think, and he has long hair. His clothes are made of beast skins.

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/thrawn_ME.jpg]
  10. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    Nobody likes it? :(

*sad*
  11. Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I like it! I just seem to have missed the update somehow! :)

The thought of Thrawn with long hair is just to die for. You're making me want to draw him now. Mmm...very handsome indeed! Great pic by the way, I like the contrasts you've given us to the conventional imperial Thrawn we usually see. By giving him soft furs and long hair we really see a different side of him. :D I would like to see this coloured at some point...do you have such plans for it? Hope so! Well done on great sketch!
  12. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
  13. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I never gave this any thought, so I find it very interesting to see Thrawn during his time in exile, and I very much like your particular take on what his appearance would be.

He's got really good form and nice detail put into his furry garment as well as his hair. I do think that his ear might be placed just a smidge to low, but other than that, I think it's a very solid drawing and would look mighty good if it had some colour. :D

- Suz ^_~
  14. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks! ^_^

yes, maybe I will colour it. A Chiss is not really a Chiss if he isn't blue ! lol :)

>>Corellian_Rogue: if you drawn him, please give me a link to your drawing ^_^
  15. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is a new drawing :)it's a Chiss!

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/chisshamon.jpg]
  16. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek::oops:

How on earth did I miss your "Thrawn in Exile" piece?!
    **kicks self around the room...no small task to a cripple!** ;)

I lurve that drawing--it's so cool, to see Thrawn this way (and I agree with C_R...he's looking quite hawt here!)! I also agree with Suz that the detailing in the hair and fur-covered clothing is wonderful! A great piece!

And your latest Chiss---awesome! I particularly love the "text" that frames the figure--where did you get that...? It really looks cool, and sort of emphasizes the "Star-Warsy-ness" of this piece! The costuming is sumptuous in the detailing: the "filigreed" tabard and "scarves" are beautiful, and the armoring on the upper body is also very well done. It almost has a "black-light" sort of effect in the lighting, which seems somehow appropriate to a Chiss, with those eerie red eyes... Another great piece, Vana--and sorry I missed the last couple of updates! :(

FF

17. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks ^^

the sciptures on the background were created by me... they mean nothing in particular, it's just for the style ;)
    It took me long hours to color the drawing with photoshop.
  18. Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Great work! :D Interesting style here, I like how you incorporate a lot of high fantasy elements to your work, such as flowing robes and those decorative metal parts. You do them so well! I'm such a fan of intricate detail so this is a wonderland for me...great work!

Oh and I still have the crazy urge to draw Young Thrawn because of you! LOL :D
  19. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I am on deviantart too! I faved one of your drawings without knowing YOU were the author!!! :eek:

Your Kit Fisto is WONDERFUL ! and your other fanarts too ;) I hope you will draw Thrawn soon!!! [face_praying]
  20. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is my Chibi Palpatine!

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitedomme/vana/palpy_champ.jpg]
  21. Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling

star 3
    *falls over laughing* :D

Oh my God I absolutely adore this! I want this on my desktop! LOL Be greeted with a skipping Palpy every time I use the comp would be hilarious! Really nice pic here, just brilliant colouring and a wonderful idea! Wonderful update Vana as always and I look forward to more, maybe even a Vader sequel? :D
  22. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks :) I put it on my Deviantart account if you want to fave it ^^
    http://evolvana.deviantart.com

I have drawn other fanarts like that, with Palpatine and his quotes in RoTs ^^ but I haven't colored them yet :)
  23. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    ROTFLOL!!!
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

I was right!! I was right!! Even Palpatine looks cute in this style! Good grief! I love that he's skipping through the flowers with birds and butterflies (wonder when he'll incinerate the poor little things..? [face_laugh] )--it's the perfect and most bizarre contradiction! This is wonderful Vana--thanks for making my night!

**falls down next to C_R still laughing**

FF
  24. Vana Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks ^^

I made this one too:

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitedomme/vana/palpy_rise.jpg]

Because I loved the trailer when he says "Riiiiiiiise" to Vader [face_laugh]
  25. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight

star 6
    Why isn't chibi Palpatine an icon yet? [face_laugh]
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.