Saga vanishing act; a vignette of a doomed jedi (boba fett-centric.) very short.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rundownstars, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. rundownstars Jedi Knight

star 1
    summary; a very short vignette of a doomed jedi's thoughts on young boba fett during the battle on geonosis. jedi musings.

rating; pg -- drama/angst.

date posted; 5/7/03
    date completed; 5/7/03

author's notes; after watching episode ii, and scanning the boards for anything on young boba fett, i became dissapointed. aren't much boba fics out there. i was just in the mood, so i wrote this. it's only a single page long. i just wanted to contribute .. :D

? ? ?

Vanishing Act;
    A Short Vignette of a Doomed Jedi

? ? ?

Your eyes are too haunting to tolerate. Are those dark eyes sad, full of grief, or swelled with pure rage and anger towards?us? You make me feel as if I have failed my duty as a Jedi. But, truly, I have done you, and everyone else in the galaxy, a favor. It was truly needed. It was meant to happen. But for some reason, maybe we have wronged you.

But the transport is leaving now, and all I can spare is one last look at you. You?re full of hate. I can see it swelling maddeningly in your eyes. You are too young to handle the emotions you are blindfolded in. You are too different than any other child I have ever seen to try and correct your feelings.

Your father's helmet is in your small hands. No matter what your father had been, no matter how much blood stained his hands, yours, I know, are still pure for now. But I can feel the hate swell off of your body, your mind. You hate us for what we have done. It is not your wrong.

Jenga Fett was an evil man. He raised you out of his bad deeds. And, still, somehow, I wished we could help you. All I can give you is my compassion. No other Jedi notices you as you grind your teeth together; your dark eyes glossing in unshed tears.

But ? you couldn?t cry, could you?

My thoughts aren't focused on the oncoming battle, very unfitting for a Jedi, but on you. It was because you weren't focused on anything else but your pure hate for what we have done to you. We left you alone.

It was odd. How something so morbid, holding your father's decapitated head, could make not my stomach churn, but my heart. For all the good we have done in the galaxy, what have we done to beings like you? Your father had been decapitated by a blazing violet blade?of a Jedi light saber. I know I can't change your mind, your views, on the galaxy. But I wish I could.

The transport is hovering high above the Geonosian Arena. The smell of smoke was thick in the air. Though you are only a speck in the arena now, I can see you. You jerked yourself violently from the dirt on the ground that you were kneeling in, and you hurled the helmet of your father's as far as your arms could. You screamed so loud?

But your yell was instantly muted by the sound of explosions from far away. You are beyond the Jedi's help now. If you were not a clone, but gifted in the Force, than you were never to touch the light again ? a sith.

?Knight Veron, enemy cruisers approa??

My comrade calls out to me as I grip the side of the transport. Smoke blinds my eyes, and I can't help but clench my teeth. I sensed what was coming, and I accepted it. I sensed what was coming long before I even set foot on Geonosis. I was ready, and I was prepared for what was to become of me.

But, now that I think of it, I have one regret.

I feel we, the Jedi, are the cause of your feeling?your want to disappear off the face of the galaxy. And somehow I wish ? I wasn't a part of that responsibility.

I?m sorry for what we have done to beings like you.

My last thoughts ? are on you, poor child, poor clone. I hope other Jedi will come to realize what has happened to you, to them, to us. But there is no 'them' there is only ? 'us.' The Order has become arrogant. We have cast out beings like you from our perspective. We think you cannot be helped.

But you can. There only has to be someone that would be willing to help you.

And, as I feel the pressure of the explosion around me?around this planet?this battlefield?all I can think of is how we have failed
  2. rundownstars Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. rundownstars Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. jedi_bounty Jedi Master

star 3
    Very good.

Poor Boba. I relate with the Jedi on his feelings towards the boy. I though that was the saddest part of the movie, seeing him sit there and hold his father's head.

Good Job!

JB
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.