main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Vanishing Light: Ascendancy of the Sith (TOTJ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mr_Sith, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Cay Qel-Droma- Hangar, Republic Cruiser

"May the Force be with you, Master."

Cay gave Arca a small nod, and proceeded back into the ship. The trip down to Kuat would take only a few minutes from the Cruiser. Looking through the opening of the docking bay, Kuat looked like a small moon swarmed in red mist. Very ominious. Very...foreboding. Kun was on the planet. Cay was skeptical that Exar's location would be realized so easily, but the group had no choice. They had found the Dark Lord of the Sith, and they were going to attack. Kuat still had very heavy ties to the Republic, so the Jedi couldn't exactly bombard the planet with laser fire in an attempt to draw him out, or kill him. Kun had forced their hand, like many of the other planets.

The key to this war rests on our shoulders....

"Nomi, let's get going. We have some work to do."

She agreed, and Droma started up the engines. Soon, the repulsor lifts kicked in, and they sped out of the bottom of the Republic ship. Almost a free fall to the crimson planet, the Nebulon Ranger reached it's destination in 569 standard seconds, as read on the dash-clock. As they breached the atmosphere, the transport glittered with sparks. Re-entry ended as soon as it had started, and the pair of Jedi saw a wasteland. Red, rocky, terrain as far as the eye could gather. Cay turned to Nomi.

"It doesn't seem too surprising that Kun would be dwelling on this planet." Cay gave a matter-of-factly smirk.

Unfortunately, as soon as the mist cleared completely on the window, the ship was hailed upon with blue laser fire. The defense turrets had kicked in, and it would seem that they landed on the unappropriate side of the planet. By now, their cover was blown. Searching on the navi-computer for the nearest landing zone, the readings indicated a flatland 2.78 kilometers east of the current location. As soon as Droma tried to pull away from the turret attacks, the starboard engine exploded.

Ears ringing, and ship on fire, Cay almost went into a panic.

Have to shut down the engine!

As his hand moved towards the lockdown switch, the readings on the dash went haywire. Everything was short circuiting. The cockpit went pitchblack minus the blaster fire, and the Nebulon Ranger tumbled into a mining supply center.

2. MagnaZero

MagnaZero Jedi Master star 2

Aug 1, 2003
    IC as Jaren Rhade
    Nebulon Ranger

Jaren followed orders after leaving the hangar, and joined Cay and Nomi on the Nebulon Ranger. He stayed quiet for most of the journey down to Kuat, and mostly hovered behind the two of them, keeping an eye out.

Jaren was sure there cover became blown though, as blue turret fire hit the Ranger, and the ship shook violently.
    The last thing Jaren remebered was the Ranger tumbling into a mining supply center before everything went black.

TAG:Cay/Nomi, Sith

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    OOC: Sorry for not posting today. been busy. I will hopefully post tomorrow.

darth_nemisis

4. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    OOC: No problem, I heard that you had some big tests today, and school work/real life should always be # 1.

I'll have another Cay and Vodo post up after I get out of the shower.

5. DarthWraith06

DarthWraith06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    Name:Darth Wraith

Species:Human

Hair:As long as anakins in rots but it's black

Eyes:pale blue

Clothing:Sith master robes always weres his hood up even in battle

Faction:The sith

Battle experince:Killed 100's of jedi from the age of 13.

Sith master

6. WISE_JEDI12

WISE_JEDI12 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    Ic Regault

Regault walked slowly into the southern command center on Kuat.

He saw 2 Sith sparring and he stayed there and watched waiting for orders form Exar Kun

Tag Mr sith

7. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    OOC: Yeah, I have tests all week. :( They suck!

IC: Ulic Qel-Droma

Before Ulic began walking towards where he felt the Jedi, Mandalore intercepted him and spoke, "Your excellence. One of my patrols has spotted a Republic ship landing in the area of one of our old abandoned camps. There's a landing pad nearby. I have alerted the Bloodlust to its presence. It is moving into a position to intercept. Should they try to leave the planet, they will be destroyed."

"That is good to hear. But, I want them destroyed anyway. Once I give the signal, destroy them, unless they try to flee," He said, pulling out a device and giving it to the great soldier. "If this goes red and begins to beep, destroy them, and send a patrol of soldiers out to where the beacon is," he then walked off. If that did go red and begin to beep, that meant one of two things, either he pushed the button on his end, or, he had died.

But now, as he sat meditating, Ulic could sense the presence of the Jedi master coming ever so close. Then, the Sith opened his eyes, and was staring right into the face of Master Thon.

"Well Ulic...we meet again."

Ulic stood up and ignited his saber, the red beam hissing out of the hilt. Looking towards the Jedi, he spoke, "Ah, Master Thon. Indeed we have met again, but this shall be our last meeting."

With the Force, he grabbed hold of a rock that was to the right of the Sith, and hurled it at the Jedi.

TAG: 2Best

darth_nemisis

8. EvilYoda

EvilYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    IC: Mandalore

Mandalore had said nothing as he took the device from Ulic and tucked it away. Then he had watched in silence as the Dark Lord departed. Qel-Droma hadn't saw fit to inform him of where he was going, or what a single Republic ship might be doing here. What was the Sith up to? he wondered. No matter. His own objective was clear.

To one of his commanders: "Prepare a shuttle for me and alert the Bloodlust i'll be coming aboard."

He then turned and recognized one of the new recruits he had met earlier.

To Jago: "Jago Phanda. I may have use for you on my next mission. Are you ready to kill? Oh I think you are. I can be very...perceptive. You're ready to spill Republic blood in the name of the Mandalorians, of the Sith. You crave the combat, crave the honor, like any true Mandalorian."

Mandalore saw a potential protege in Phanda. Perhaps a way to pass on his legacy. Secretly, this interested him greatly.

"Come, it is time to take your first steps toward becoming a finely tuned instrument of death."

At that precise moment, the shuttle Mandalore had requested landed and was now extending its boarding ramp. Mandalore strode purposefully towards it.

Tag: Jago Phanda

OOC: Oops. I've been posting under my sock (EvilSock, just in case I get a game related ban at some point) and just noticed I forgot to this time. Just FYI.

9. DarthRevanLOTS

DarthRevanLOTS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    IC: Jago Phanda

After speaking to Ulic, Mandalore walked over to Jago, who quit his exercises, and saluted the leader.

"Jago Phanda. I may have use for you on my next mission. Are you ready to kill? Oh I think you are. I can be very...perceptive. You're ready to spill Republic blood in the name of the Mandalorians, of the Sith. You crave the combat, crave the honor, like any true Mandalorian."

"I have been ready since my first day of training, that is why I was created, to bring death, and its the only thing that I've craved until this juncture."

"Come, it is time to take your first steps toward becoming a finely tuned instrument of death."

"Yes, sir"

Jago followed Mandalore toward his transport and boarded it, hoping toward the future, and for a spot in the history of his clan.

Tag: Anyone.

Jago followed behind an

10. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    OOC: I'll have a post on Vodo and Cay pretty soon. I was sick today, so I've still been lying around. Sorry. :(

11. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Cay Qel-Droma- Surface, Kuat

Cay stirred, groaning and grunting. His body still strapped into the pilot's seat, he looked to see if Nomi and Jaren were okay. He couldn't tell. The cockpit was dark, minus the spectre of illumination from Kuat. Sparks jittered back and forth, and the wreckage was severe. It would only be a matter of time before some of Kun's troopers would start searching for them, if they hadn't already. Droma tried to see if the defense turrets were operational, but the underside of the Nebulon Ranger was dug into the hard top layer of the planet.

Well, it would seem that it'd be a good thing that Master Arca didn't come after all....

Wriggling his body to check for broken bones, Cay Qel found none. With that surprising good token of fortune, he unbuckled himself from the seat. The ship was titled downwards at the nose at about a 35 degree angle, so walking through the interior after a crash was a challenge for him. Making his way further into the ship, he saw Nomi, strapped into her seat as well. Her head sunk forward, indicating that she was unconsious. Cay unbuckled the straps holding her in, and set her down slowly on the metal floor. He saw Jaren not any more than two meters away.

"Jaren, can you hear me? Jaren!"

Tag: MagnaZero

[color=green][b]Vodo Siosk-Baas- Kuat, Southern Control Center[/b]

The amphibianesqe Jedi Master had found a rather large ventilation shaft that he could hide in, abiding his time for Cay and Nomi. He had been in there for some time when two squads of Kuat troopers ran down the hallway. He could only catch a brief sentence of their words, but it was clear.

"Some ship got shot down, Republic one at that"

Instantly, Vodo knew.

[i]Blast! Nomi and Cay won't be able to get here anytime soon, and they'll be lucky if they don't get captured. If they do....they'll get taken straight to Kun. Perhaps if I could intercede......[/i]

Baas searched his area of the Control Center with the Force, and found that no one was approaching. Quietly, he stepped out of the shaft, and placed the large grate back on the opening. He would have to confront Kun alone, and hope that he didn't have any Dark Jedi with him. His job would be that much harder. The Jedi headed to the right, following the wire groupings on the top of the tunnel. His bulky feet clanged against the metal grate floor, and he cringed every time he took a step. The location reminded him of the armor manufacturing mines of Cinnagar. Dark and a bit humid, with little light along the way. As Vodo progressed, he came to a generator that was labeled [i]EAST CORE[/i]. Giving a little smirk, he pulled a large lever, and the lights that had lined the tunnel went out. Everything went black up to the point of the generator, and Baas thought that he heard the cry of a worker as the power drained.

[i]Reminds me of my days back at the Temple, heh[/i]

He proceeded down the next tunnel, looking for what would be the Central Generator. A few minutes later, Baas came to a fork in the hallway. Reaching out with his capabilities of the Force, Kun's dark presence urged him to follow the left side. Just as he took 5 steps, three guards shot around the corner.

"Freeze Jedi, the numbers aren't in your favor!"

"No, but the Force is.", Vodo replied.

Suddenly, the blasters shot out of the hands, and floated in mid air, barrels in their noses. Unfortunately, the guards seemed undaunted. The man on the left even dared to push his face right into the blaster.

"Your a Jedi, they don't kill in cold blood."

Slightly amused, Vodo called upon the Force and slammed the rifles into their heads. The group fell to the floor. As if good luck was shining down on him, there was another large ventilator shaft nearby. He easily floated the covering off, and levitated the bodies into the shaft.

[i]Will this maze of tunnels ever end?[/i]

[/color][/blockquote]

12. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: I Tagged Xan a page or so back, just so he knows.

13. MagnaZero

Aug 1, 2003
    IC as Jaren Rhade
    Kuat

"Jaren, can you hear me? Jaren!"

"Argh...Cay, I-Im fine." Jaren mumbled as he slowly rose up. He felt pain stinging him everywhere, and abruptly dropped back onto the ground.

It all came back to him in a flash of images. Master Jeth. The Mission. Kuat. The Nebulon Ranger shot down. Then darkness.

"Sithspit. Cay, is Nomi alright? We need to get out of here before the sith come. They must have detected our presence here by now." Jaren cringed as he manuvered himself around the ground and positioned himself on a wall, resting, while awaiting Cay's answer.

14. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    OOC: Sorry I haven't been on lately, my CPU has been acting up. Now that I've got it straight I should be able to devote more time to the boards.

IC as Xan:

Xan disengaged his opponent, as he had thought the Form VI was a simple veneer for a much more brutal style worthy of a Mandalorian. Taking a split second to collect his rage about him, like so much armor. He hurtled as his opponent striking with supernatural strength.

He relied on the training sessions with the mad Tulak Hord, always keep your opponent off balance, his mentor had reinforced time after time. With that thought in mind he hurled a stream of lightning at his nemesis.

Let's see how good he really is.

Tag

15. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Cay Qel-Droma- Kuat, Surface

"She's unconsious, and may have a broken arm. Your in no shape to move either. Sadly, it looks like we're stuck. There's no other way to get off this planet that is conceivable without getting captured, especially with me lugging a body around."

Cay shook his head in disgust. This could have been the mission to save the Republic. Now, they were stranded, and Master Vodo would have to face Exar Kun alone.

16. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Zedd Vega

Kuat; Central Control Center

Zedd sidestepped, pushing his left saber downward against Xan's strike, to push it further to the ground. He then used his right saber to block the wave of Force Lightning, which almost made him slide backward, if he hadn't planted his feet to keep stable while staying on the defensive.

TAG: Xan

[b][i]Elsewhere; Deep inside Zedd's Mind[/i][/b]

[blockquote]Zedd chuckled. [i]~The fool. He thinks of me as a barbaric Mandalorian, and nothing else. He knows nothing of our culture, and all of his assumptions will soon lead to his downfall...~[/i]

This Mandalorian was probably more powerful in the sense of true physical and mental power, and taking on a Sith would not be anymore of a challenge than taking on a Jedi.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: No one[/b]

17. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Arca Jeth
    Kuat

The Republic fleet assembled, and began moving on the SIth blockade. Master Jeth was not on the bridge, leading the assault, but was rather in a secluded chamber, where he knelt and called upon the Force. He was using an ancient Jedi power known as battle mediation; he was strengthening his own forces will and ability to fight, as well as playing on the fears of the enemy.

The Republic has sent a huge fleet, he sent to the Sith, You have no chance of victory.

At the same time, he was using the Force to aid the Republic troops. The Sith will be defeated. They can not defeat the Republic. We will prevail.

Tag: Sith

18. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Exar Kun- Southern Control Center, Kuat

Kun observed what was turning out to be a very knowledgable sparring match. Zedd Vega wasn't underestimating his opponent at all, while Xan seemed to have that fault. Fortunately, he was very adaptive. Both seemed to be paitent, lunging forward, and lurching back. Circling, then lunging forward again. Suddenly, Xan unleashed a wave of anger. Most impressive. But, Zedd blocked most of it without effort. Just as noteworthy. So far, it was anyone's battle to win. Behind them stood Regault, another Dark Side Adept. He gazed at the match longingly, eyes transfixed on the duelist's lightsabers.

Kun began to feel something protruding his mind, worming it's way through. It didn't have hostile intention to his body, though.

The Sith will be defeated. They can not defeat the Republic. We will prevail.

Exar flashed an angry grin.

Oh, Master Jeth. It has been such a long time to have spoken with you. I think you vastly underrate my abilities. Things are already set in motion, so there is no loss that I can forsee that would occur if I enlightened you to my plan.

The Sith Lord took a seat, still trying to observe the fight.

Think about it, very few cruisers orbiting Kuat, defensive capabilities are limited, just about everyone with half of a political connection knows my location....put it all together. This entire thing was a trap. Surely the Republic wouldn't send a rag-tag group of Jedi. They'd send one of their best Masters to dispose of me. I've already recieved word that we've brought down one Republic Ship. And Jeth, your always welcome, too.

Kun gave a taunting smile, and stood back. He brought his concentration back to the duel.

Tag: S_L

19. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Galantos - Plains

IC: Master Thon

Master Thon quickly used the Force to knock away the rock. He ignited his lightsaber, and walked over to Ulic. He was substantially bigger then Qel-Droma, and he wanted to use that to his advantage.

"Look at yourself, Ulic. You are nothing but a little puppet for the darkside."

He closed in on Qel-Droma.

TAG: Nemmykins

20. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    OOC: Bad news everybody, Suzuki_Akira will be missing another two weeks, due to inappropriate activity in the JCC. So, for two more weeks, I'll be playing as Vodo Siosk-Baas.

[u][b]Location of All Published Characters:[/b]

Exar Kun(Mr_Sith): Kuat
    Ulic Qel-Droma(darth_nemesis): Galantos
    Mandalore(EvilYoda): Galantos

Master Thon(SecondBest): Galantos
    Nomi Sunrider(Padawan_Emily): Kuat
    Vodo Siosk-Baas(Suzuki_Akira): Kuat
    Arca Jeth(Saber_Leader): Republic Fleet
    Cay Qel-Droma(Mr_Sith): Kuat

[b]Location of all Created Characters:[/b]

Xan Starkiller(HandofSkywalker86): Kuat
    Zedd Vega(Zedd_Vega): Kuat
    Jago Phanda(DarthRevanLOTS): Galantos
    Regault(WISEJEDI12): Kuat

Jaran Rhade(MagnaZero): Kuat[/u][/color]

21. MagnaZero

Aug 1, 2003
    IC as Jaren Rhade
    Nebulon Ranger

Jaren got back up slowly, and cringed, still feeling the effects of his injury.

"I don't care how hurt I am Cay. I'm getting us out of here before the sith come and thats final."

He paused for a minute.

"Ok, I have a plan. It involves get getting the ship fixed and contacting Master Jerca...." Jaren paused, thoughtfully. "In my plan, we die."

Jaren sighed and layed his back to the wall.

"Okay Cay, you gotta plan to get us off here? I am open to suggestions."

22. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Cay Qel-Droma- Kuat, Surface

"Jaren, we're not going to get away. Nomi is unconsious, you look like your legs are about to fall off, and the terrian out there is rocky as hell."

Cay sighed, and heaved a small rock at the window. Once again, it seemed everything was going great for the Sith. They toppled planets, they have no problems swaying young Jedi to the Darkside. To Droma, everything almost seemed futile. Their only hope was to try and break out, regroup with Vodo, and confront Kun. Even a simple plan like that seemed ridiculous. No matter what, there was no way they could let Master Baas battle Exar alone. Fighting the Sith Envoy that was sure to come would be foolish. Capture was inevitable.

Wait a minute, if Jaren could....

"How capable are you, as of 5 or 10 minutes from now?"

23. Clone_Commander_

Clone_Commander_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
  24. MagnaZero

Aug 1, 2003
    IC as Jaren Rhade
    Kuat

Jaren looked up at Cay, raising an eyebrow.

"It depends. Whats your plan?"

TAG:Cay

25. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Xan Starkiller

Xan allowed his blades momentum, along with a well timed boost of his muscles to carry him into a roll that put out him out of reach of his opponent. Good, he is very good.[/b]

With that thought in mind he conjured up every inch of raw fury he could muster. Feeling like a sponge sopping wet with rage he used the ancient Sith teachings to strengthen his connection to the force.

Thus bouyed by his anger he unleashed his full power upon the Mandalorian. He launched a seamless flurry at his nemesis while at the same time hurling several objects at him.

Tag: Zedd-Vega

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.