main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Vanity Faire SW Edition

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master--Kenobi, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok everyone, the VF SW Edition just hit the stands today. We have a couple of copies already on reserve. From what I can gather, lots of spoilers, lots of good costume shots, and some intersting comments from God...um..George.

We are still on for a meeting in two weeks. Talk to you all then.

THE Master. :)

2. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Emmm, uhh, not really "lots" -- I saw it in the studio store Thursday at Sony-Columbia studios (before my subscription issue arrived later that day, naturally) so I bought it anyway just to read while waiting to pick someone up. The fold-out cover is nice, and there's a couple of interesting behind-the-scenes shots, a fighting shot that isn't anything earthshattering (if you've watched the extras on the DVD set that is) -- and there is only ONE really full-on new costume shot, but it's a nice one --Amidala's 'pagoda' (read: "pregnancy-hiding" dress), really beautiful. Just scanned the article briefly. I was pretty disappointed actually, the issue for TPM had loads of good costume shots (like that luscious sweep of Darth Maul's costume on Tatooine) and last time's was OK, but this is pretty skimpy visual-wise. One wonders why -- I fervently hope it's a 'good' thing and not a 'bad' thing, but I'm reserving judgment, because Lucas owes us A LOT in this one, in my opinion.

Caryn
    (Who misses the elegant, original TESB more and more every time a new SW movie opens, and who actually does read VF monthly for the fashion and the articles...)

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, mrcottonsparrot, you review was right on. Not the costume shots we were led to believe, but enough to realize we have a bit of tweaking to do, especially to Anakin's new outfit. Took a bit and saw not the radical color change we were led to believe, but enough of a subtle one here and there to realize the Padawan (No you are not a Knight yet, Ani!) needs some new clothes.

And yes, I miss ESB too. Were you in LA during the original opening? I was part of the Original LA SW group (later known as the CA SW group). We were the ones working the opening at the Chinese for ESB and ROJ (also worked the Chinese and Egyptian for the Raider's Trilogies). I was Han and Indy for those.

BTW LOVE the name, was ROFLMAO when I first saw it.

"Wind in the sails, Wind in the Sails!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.