main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Vaping Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , May 16, 2015.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Yes, absolutely - setting alight a small tube of dried tobacco and encased in bespoke paper, inhaling the chemicals released as part of the burn, is the same as inhaling vapours. Why, both stink up your clothes, cause lung cancer, and create lots of litter.

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    @cushy the nasties in vaping are in the flavours, and also if you let your tank run dry, and inhale the burning coil fumes. You can avoid the "dry hits" of an empty tank, and if you make your own juice, as I did yesterday, you can buy flavours that are Diacetyl free.

Also the reason me and a few friends got together to make our own eliquid is to taper off our nicotine usage.

Tldr; safer, not completely safe. Way, way safer though.

As an aside, a few of the chaps that were round last night are big weed smokers. They now vape their bud. They put the bud into the tank, and it heats up enough to release the thc. There may be more to it, I wasn't paying full attention, but it sounded pretty straightforward.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    One of the biggest risks of smoking is the contribution to heart disease, which is caused by the nicotine addiction. Good job on being gullible enough to leave this intact while continuing to hawk addiction to millions of people while replacing a product which at least had known risks with one that we have little to no understanding of.

4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    That's for the lesson Dr. Dorky Drake.

5. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I quit smoking by switching to vaping...for one week. I spent the $200 on a good kit with 3 flavors of fluid (vaporfi.com if you're interested) and vaped happily without the need to buy cigarettes. Then one night I got drunk and when I woke up the next day I tried to vape and promptly puked. The very thought of vaping again makes me sick.

I've been vape and smoke-free for three months now, and I realized I save enough money to buy another Harley...which I'm picking up tomorrow.

Vaping is a great way to help someone quit but you have to get rip roaring drunk one time in order for it to be really effective.

6. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Three months off cigs and you can afford a Harley - congrats. Quite the habit you had though.
    [​IMG]

7. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Lol...I'm financing it, but I didn't have to trade in my current one.

Darth Punk likes this.
  8. Bob Crow

Bob Crow Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 7, 2015

w...what

9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Well done on quitting totally. Definitely worth celebrating with a second chopper. Pay no attention to Wocky's incoming rant about the idiocy of motorcycles.

10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    You know nothing Bob Crow. There's one called Mother's Milk that taste of strawberry Nesquick.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Because I like to expand my horizons when it comes to smoking, I tried an e-cig for the 1st time today, a blu (disposable, should last a day or two) classic tobacco. Not as much smoke (well, vapor) as a cigarillo or cigarette, but a very pleasant smell (much nicer & smoother than typical smokes I'm used to) nonetheless. No ash either is a plus, obviously, and the price for a single disposable (just little over $10 with tax) isn't too crazy. Can't beat an actual, full-sized cigar, but a step above most cigarillos & cigarettes.

Darth Punk likes this.
  12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    so, i've been trying to make a summer pudding flavour vape juice, with a few berry flavour concentrates, belgian waffle, banana nut bread, and baverian cream. the first attempt is not what i had in mind, as it tastes too bready (is that a word). but what i've made, actually tastes like a blueberry muffin

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    A pleasant scent at least?

15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    quite tasty. i'll send you a bottle if you like? if you're ok with bottles of liquid being sent through the post, PM me your address, and look out for a parcel from osama bin vapin

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd have to get a vape pen or tube first, of which I don't have... been still using the blu disposables for the past couple of weeks. I'll let you know if I'm interested in the future.

Darth Punk likes this.
  17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I really like an eliquid called Grandmaster, it's by a company called Five Pawns. The juice costs £25 for a 30ml bottle. Quite ridiculous really, but it is a lovely peanut butter, banana, and caramel. I'm trying to make a clone version of it. If I get anywhere close, I think I'm going to modify it, and make something based on the Elvis sandwich - peanut butter, banana, and bacon

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    So, no one else at TFn vapes? I wanted to talk about my new Aromamizer, and see what others are using? I love having a tank that I can easily build coils on.

[​IMG]

Darth Punk likes this.
  19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    MeBeJedi i've got a kanga subox mini tank that has the option of rebuildable coils, but i don't use it much. i have a royal hunter RDA that i use for testing the juice i make, that's pretty sweet. my tank when i'm out and about, is an aspire atlantis.

here's a pic of a royal hunter
    [​IMG]

20. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    There's a new Magma RDA, the Magma Reborn.....I'd love to get one of those. I loved my Magma, but the airflow was weak and screwing off the base sucked.

This has bigger vents, and an easily removeable top!

[​IMG]

I also ordered a UD Coil Jig V3 for $10 shipped. Can't wait to try it out!! I love that it can hold all the parts inside.

[​IMG]

Darth Punk likes this.
  21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    nice. i've spent so much on kit, i can't honestly say it's cheaper than cigs. maybe if i don't buy any more this year, it'll even out

22. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    I smoked a clove maybe once or twice a year. Cigs leave too much of a nasty smell for me to ever want to be a regular smoking. Vaping smells and tastes much better. :D

Darth Punk likes this.
  23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    do you make your own juice yet?

24. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Haven't gotten around to trying that yet. Any recommendations?

It looks like a pain in the butt to get started.....I don't mind measuring coils, but I'm nervous about handling raw nicotine.

25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    handling nic's fine. you wear gloves if you're into the whole safety thing. you buy your base liquids/nic/flavourings online.

a starter kit of:
    1litre VG
    1 litre PG
    100ml nic (PG base, 72%)
    couple of 1ml syringes
    couple of 5ml syringes
    some glass dropper bottles

costs about £60-£70 here in the UK

download a ejuice calculator. i use ejuice me up - it's a free download: http://ejuice.breaktru.com/
    get recipe ideads from this website: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

EDIT: i forgot to add flavourings. The flavourings that all the top juice brands use are:
    TPA (the perfumer's apprentice)
    CAP (capella)
    FVA (flavor art)