main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Variety Club

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I have contacted the Variety Club regarding their 'Big Back Yard BBQ' at the Adelaide Oval next month. I have offered our services for those who wish to attend. When I get their answers, I will let you know times and dates if they wish us to participate. ;)

The Backyard BBQ is on the 17th of Sept, but will keep you posted about other events there as well. They are having a huge Christmas party at Wayville on December 7th. SO if we cant help with the BBQ, maybe the Christmas Party? Will keep you all posted.

2. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Cool, but I can't make the 17th of September, but I'm penciling in 7th of December, I'm still free then so if they say yes I'm there.

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Good stuff. We might not be allowed to do the 17th, but am asking anyway. But the 7th, if they want us would be great.

4. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    That sounds great Addie :)

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Meh, just throw me in the boot of ya car and I'll be there!

6. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Count me in for this as well.

7. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I'll cremate a snag OOU !

8. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    what exactly is the variety club.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Variety started from a show business social club in Pittsburgh,USA in 1928 when an abandoned baby girl was found in the Sheridan Theatre. The social club, by now called the Variety Club, decided to "adopt" the child. She was named Catherine Variety Sheridan.

Extensive publicity bought offers of assistance and there was enough to help other needy children. The Variety Club spread all over America and then the world. Each club being known as a 'Tent'.

There are now "Tents" in Britain, Europe, Canada, Israel, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Variety - The Children's Charity operates in each Australian capital city and The Northern Territory.

Tent 75

Variety was established in Adelaide, South Australia in 1983 as a regional office of Tent 56 in Sydney. The first chairman was 5DN talk show host Jeremy Cordeaux, who remains as an official Ambassador for the Charity.

Subsequent chairman have been Len Fancourt, Chris Ostermann, Bob May, Geoff Gauvin, Ian Martens, John Wicks, Bill Rawlins and Kym Burke. Current Chief Barker is Peter Cochrane.

But if you want more information Go Here and all will be revealed, including the most famous event, The Variety Club Bash!

10. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Yeah the 7th of December is good :D

11. TYKEN_BLADE

TYKEN_BLADE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2004
    I am in for both

12. GuriWannabe

GuriWannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    Hey dere, I'm on afternoon shift on the 17th sept, but as its at the adelaide oval, I can just walk to work after. Don't know yet about 7th Dec - roster doesn't go that far ;)

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I got this back today....

Thank you so much for your email and very much appreciate your wonderful offer.

I will certainly pass on this information and photos to the Variety 'Children's Christmas Party Committee' and hopefully they will be in contact very soon. This years Christmas Party will be at the Ridley Convention Centre at Wayville on Wednesday 7th December from 11.00 - 1.30pm.

There will be approximately 1,000 sick, disabled and disadvantaged children together with their carers form various special schools around the State at the party. It is a very special day and I think your group of volunteers will be very much welcomed.

I will speak to the committee and get them to contact you direct. Thanks again.

Kindest regards
    Lina Pedler
    Promotions/PR Assistant
    Variety - The Children's Charity
    Tent 75 South Australia

So the 17th may not happen, but the Christmas show is looking good!!!

14. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Fantastic, should be a great day if they let us come. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.