main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Various fandoms] Olympic Entries!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 6, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart Written for the Fic Olympics Challenge

Event #1: Drabbles. Fandoms for this will revolve around LOTR & Star Trek. :cool:

Hope

In the darkness after the Sundering of families and dreams, there was still burgeoning hope. It lingered among the Maiar and Valar & brave and resilient ones among Men and Elves. Hope is nothing if it does not spur to action. Buoyed by what had been and which must be retained, strategies and courses were set. Little did any know what the final outcome would be, but the mere fact that ones were pursuing a desired end fueled the hope and perseverance that would finally lead to victory.

When it finally came, the victory was the sweeter for endeavoring. .

Joy

To soar among the stars was a reward in and of itself. It was an ongoing and never-dimming adventure. It never paled and fell short of the expectations. More often than not, it exceeded them. Grand adventures and discoveries beckoned. It did not hurt that he was excellent at his job, getting better as he went along, winging it more often than not.
    Half of the grandeur of the experience was surrounding oneself with loyal, superlatively competent crewmates.

The Captain was only as good as the ones he was privileged to lead.
    This fact was borne out time and again.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great start! I particularly enjoyed this line:

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, both of these were lovely, but I especially liked this line:

The Captain was only as good as the ones he was privileged to lead.
    This fact was borne out time and again.

That is a fact. ;) [face_love]

I cannot wait for more of these! :D [:D]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. :D Now another couplet. ;)

~~~~!!!

Tolerate

Gimli was not going to hold out much hope for success having to ally himself with Legolas. “If he’s anything like his two-faced father, I will hardly be able to tolerate his scrungy back side.”
    Legolas over time proved his mettle; Gimli’s antipathy changed to grudging respect and trust.
    Then this transitioned into a deep affection. If he were to name an exact moment in time, he would not be able to put a finger on when or how. It just did.
    He would consider it marvel of marvels that he counted Legolas as one of his dearest, truest friends.

Unbreakable

Uhura’s love for her family was unbreakable. Her sister, Kashore, and her nieces and nephews held her deepest and tenderest feelings. Her brother-in-law was a treasure as well.

Her folks – she never quit feeling honored to be their daughter.

Her grandparents on each side were a rich fount of fun and wisdom.

But it was only when she fell in love that the most unbreakable bond was forged. She wasn’t looking for love, not particularly. But it fell into her open hands and heart with a soft melodious sound like bells.

Spock … her soul’s dearest, sweetest dream come true!

:) [face_sigh]

Admiral Volshe, Chyntuck and Tarsier like this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You know that Tolerate left me with a huge smile blooming on my face! Legolas and Gimli's friendship was perfectly captured there. [face_love]

And Unbreakable was just as lovely; a great and poignant character sketch in just a few words. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I absolutely love Hope!! [face_love] And Tolerate made me laugh :D Love Legolas and Gimli!

7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Aww, Tolerate is so sweet! And I like all the descriptions of relationships in Unbreakable. Very nice!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Adore

Adoration poured through the song of the Valar and Maiar in the forging of the worlds and firmament. Majestic and all-encompassing, it filled the empty vastness with light and glory. At its end, all was splendor and awe-inspiring magnificence. Then, sadly, it was marred. Many wondered if it was beyond reparation, and if it would be best to start afresh. But woven within the melodies was notes and plans for restoration, such that when all was said and done, the former perfection would be regained without taint or lingering blight. All creation worshipfully praised the wisdom and power of Eru.

_____

@};-

Admiral Volshe and Chyntuck like this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but that was just lovely; a beautiful way to surmise Tolkien's cosmic scheme of things.

I especially enjoyed:

But woven within the melodies was notes and plans for restoration, such that when all was said and done, the former perfection would be regained without taint or lingering blight.

[face_love]=D=

Admiral Volshe and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wow! These all took me on a lovely emotion filled ride. So sweet and powerful. :D

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. [:D] Tolkien and Trek resonate, eternally. :)

12. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Tolerate was my favorite
    LOTR is one of my favorite fandoms and I like the change in Gimli's attitude

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very sweet! I like that there's a plan, even among notes of discord.