main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Various] Olympic Entries Drabbles

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Moonspun Dragon, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew, that was an excellent, if dark, look into Sweeney's mind. That moment was perfectly captured. =D=

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This! Totally agreed.

These are all great. :D I really enjoyed reading them!

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo, yes! Creepy and dark and awesome :D

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  4. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    NYCitygurl, Admiral Volshe, and Mira_Jade: Thanks for all of your support and encouragement. I didn't mean to ignore you, at the time of your posts, my internet had cut out and we couldn't get it back on until a week later. Then a lot of personal drama happened. So, I am incredibly sorry for not responding. [:D] @};-
    ----------------------------------------------------
    A/N: This is the final drabble I had written before my 'Net had cut out. By the time it had come back, it was far too late to add this to the first round of the recently completed Olympic Games. I, therefore, decided to wait until the conclusion to post this. Unlike my other dribbles, this one is unedited and is five words over the limit. So, enjoy. :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Title: Magic
    Fandom: Thor
    Era: Pre- Thor
    Prompt: Magic
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Magic~

"Now, try again."

Loki nodded and closed his eyes, imagining the flower into existence. He felt a slight tug and knew he was doing it.

He opened his eyes and caught a brief glimpse of the rose before it disappeared. He looked at the empty space above his outstretched hand, disappointed.

"That was wonderful, Loki!"

Loki quickly glanced at his mother, confused. "But, I failed to sustain it."

Frigga smiled. "You didn't fail. The object of today's lesson was to materialize it. We'll work on sustaining it later. For now, work on materializing it."

Loki smiled. This was why he loves training with his mother.

Tarsier and Admiral Volshe like this.
  5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww! [face_love] I love their relationship. She's exactly what he needs.

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahhh!! I have all of the love for baby Loki! Frigg really is the best thing for him, and this moment beautifully captured their relationship. [face_love]

You know - I wouldn't mind seeing more of these if you are up for it. I have loved reading your drabbles so far! [face_thinking]

[:D]

7. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Exactly. He seems to be more in control of himself when she's around. :D [face_love]

Aww, thanks! :D I have absolutely no problem with that. In fact, I was going to ask you for permission to continue with them. :D
    [:D]

Mira_Jade likes this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Pfft, I don't think there's one of the FF mods who would mind your doing more. I'm just happy that the Games are still inspiring all sorts of good things - especially after DRL sabotaging the final round for you! [:D]

9. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you so much! :D [:D] Yeah, that was bad timing. :p

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I second Mira -- and this is your story! You don't need permission! I for one am very much looking forward to more :D

11. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you, Nat! :D Ok, I just didn't want to cause trouble if anyone did protest. [:D]

12. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    A/N: This is another print that is over a hundred words so I apologize. This, also, contains spoilers for Crimson Peak, you have been warned. ;) Also, it's probably as dark as my Sweeney Todd drabble. :p Enjoy. :D

WARNING: Spoilers for Crimson Peak!

Title: Jealousy
    Movie: Crimson Peak
    Prompt: Jealousy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Jealousy~

"It just happened."

It was with those words that I felt myself snap. I felt something that I never thought I would feel toward him. Hatred.

He loved her? That Yankee whore? He was supposed to love ME!

The knife I held was suddenly in Thomas' right shoulder. I looked at his shocked expression. It fuled my raging emotions further.

How dare he?! After everything we had been through! He throws it all away for her!

Another stab in the left side of his chest. He continued to look at me with shock and betrayal. He didn't fight back. It gave me a cold satisfaction.

'He will learn that he is mine and no one else's.'

I stabbed him twice more in the chest. Instead of being sated, my rage only grew. I aimed higher and my knife became embedded in his face.

'Now, she can't have him. He's mine.'

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew, that's definitely on the lines of your Sweeney drabble, but you did a great job at slipping into her mind and explaining what she was feeling. Very dark and poignant! =D= (I have not seen Crimson Peak due to my lack of interest in horror movies, but still: Tom Hiddleston. [face_love]:p)

14. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Mira_Jade: It's a pretty good movie. It's sort of like a psychological thriller with a few horror elemebts, not as bad as most modern horror movies. Though, it can get a bit rough in some scenes. :p Lol, he was the only reason why I wanted to see it. :p[face_love] Thanks! :D

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yikes! Very well written. She sounds like a bit of a hot mess :p

16. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Lol! A bit of an understatement. :p Thanks, Nat. :D

17. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    A/N: Hi! *waves* This piece isn't my best and I apologize. It's my second attempt at a Wallander piece. It's just a little look at what Magnus might have been feeling during the climax of the last episode of the first season of the one with Kenneth Branagh Enjoy. :D

Title: Respect
    Fandom: Wallander
    Prompt: Respect
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Respect~

All I could do was stare at the spot where Ake had been standing. My mind had not quite caught up to the act my body had done without its permission.

It was only when I caught Kurt's look that made me finally lower my gun and unfreeze.

"Thank you," he whispered.

Then the everything came back to me at once. All the sounds from outside, the living room and the color of Ake's blood on the carpet. The newfound respect in Kurt's eyes. It was all overwhelming.

I stumbled back, hitting the door behind me and somehow made my way outside.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A/N: If things feel a little off, I apologize. I haven't seen that episode in a really long time, though it's one of my favorite episodes. I hope you enjoyed. :D

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That was a very powerful moment captured in just a few words; I love how you used the prompt there. =D=

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Gorgeous! I feel bad for him -- he finally earned the respect he wanted, but I think it took something out of him.

20. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks, Mira. :D

I think so, too. Especially considering the more animostic feel his and Walander's relationship took in the second season. Thanks, Nat. :D
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A/N: This fandom is one of my newest. I only saw the first episode months ago then I saw the fifth season a week or so ago. Now, I'm hooked. :p I present my first Walking Dead fic. :D Enjoy. :D

Title: Move
    Fandom: The Walking Dead
    Prompt: Move
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Move~

Always on the move.

Keep walking.

Never stopping until you're ready to drop from exhaustion.

Keep an eye on the others. Make sure they're taken care of before yourself.

Most of all: Keep moving.

Stopping would mean giving up. Letting the Walkers get you.

Can't let that happen.

Rick looked behind him at his group. His family in all but blood. They had all been through so much together and had lost so much. Yet here they are.

He did his best to keep them safe. It felt like he failed more times than not.

He turned around again.

No time to mourn.

Just keep moving.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A/N: This could probably take place during any time, but I specifically had where they were walking to D.C. I hope you enjoyed. :D

Tarsier likes this.
  21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Rick! That has to be a rough way to live.

22. Moonspun Dragon

Apr 6, 2011
    NYCitygurl: I know, right? :( Thanks for reviewing. :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    A/N: This shouldn't really be here since it's over 500 words, but it is using one of the prompts. Today, I don't really have the patience to whittle it down right now. :p Anyway, this is when Thor and Loki are pre- teens/ young teen. Loki, is probably twelve or thriteen, Thor is fourteen to sixteen. Roughly. :p I'm really sorry if eveyone seems drastically OOC. I tried to stay within character as much as possible. :) Enjoy. :)

Title: Father
    Fandom: Thor
    Era: pre- Thor
    Prompt: Father
    --------------------------------------------------
    ~Father~

He watched his sons spar in the ring high above on a balcony. His eye fell on his oldest as the boy wielded Mjolnir with a newfound accuracy and precision. Thor had no need to learn strength as he had it already in abundance. Odin felt his heart swell with pride as Thor got under his opponent's guard and won the match with great ease. He couldn't help the smile on his face.

Suddenly, a flash of green- gold light caught his attention and he felt his smile slip as he watched his youngest son. Loki danced around the edges of his ring, wearing his opponent down. He saw Loki use his magic to create an illusion where he had been standing, then vanished to appear behind the guard. His newest trick Frigga had taught him. His dagger was at the man's throat just as his illusion disappeared.

Instead of the good natured laughter and congratulation Thor had received when he won, Loki received glares and insults. Odin frowned, disappointed. He quickly came to a desicion and called for a gaurd.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "You wished to see me, Father?"

"Yes, Loki." Odin remained silent for a couple of beats, then, "I saw you and your brother spar today."

Loki fought to keep the foreboding he felt off his face, though the only other person who could have seen his expression faced the window. "You have?" He didn't succeed width keeping out of his voice.

"I have." Odin turned away from the window and started to move passed his youngest son. "Come with me."

Loki automatically followed his father out of the private study, confusion and stronger foreboding filling his heart. Odin was silent as he lead them out of the palace and to the training grounds. He stopped in front of a weapons rack that held swords, spears, maces, and other weapons. He turned to face Loki, who had slowed his pace in confusion and came to a stop a couple yards away.

"I watched Thor wield Mjolnir and win his match fairly quickly and receive the praise of his friends and observers."

Loki felt his face adopt the expression he usually wore whenever Odin felt the need to compare Thor's superior battle skills to his own less than average battle skills. Polite, but distant. 'Here it comes,' he thought.

He was not disappointed.

"Then, my eye fell on your match. I saw you use your magic and win."

Loki mentally braced himself for the heavier censure than he had already received he knew was coming.

"And I saw the ridicule you were put through because of it." Odin's eye turned a stormy blue. "I would not see you put through such a thing again. I know Frigga has been teaching you to use your agility. I will teach you to use a weapon that will give you an advantage in distance."

In the few seconds it took Odin to turn to face the weapons rack, Loki was climbing out of the intense shock he felt. He had never expected this.

When he turned around, Odin held two staves and passed one to him. "These will keep your enemy at a distance, yet will allow you to strike heavy blows."

The foreboding feeling Loki had felt disappearing, instead he felt a hesitant excitement start to take it's place. This was going to be interesting.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific! I love how Loki braces himself for a stern talking to but instead gets a valuable lesson and sympathy. :)

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahhh, I loved every word of this. We need more good Odin and Loki interaction in the world, especially at this age. Seeing Loki learn how to hone his abilities and stand tall underneath criticism always twists my heart, but Odin's A+ parenting here was a most excellent thing to see. [face_love]

I wouldn't mind if more of your drabbles went over like this. I am always a fan of ficlets for just that reason. =D=

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I loved this!! And I have such mixed feelings about Odin. Good for him for (finally) teaching Loki, but it was clear that, from previous experience, he had expected a lecture. And why hadn't Odin thought to teach him earlier? That is one frustrating god.