main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania VB Tri-Series Commentary

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    And a record crowd in Brisbane for a non-Australian match, so they were saying. That's pretty cool. :)

R.

2. Zyphyr

Zyphyr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2001
    I must admit I rarely watch cricket, but I caught the last innings of this match and god it was exciting!

3. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    One of the best sports when it is lke that

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    //all starry eyed

Am I in heaven? I think I am! I think heaven is a big green lushious wicket. Perfect for seamers. It will always be fine, big scores, big wickets, big runs and a close finish... and the Kiwis will be world champs!! :D

Hey Sil! please tell me you weren't the one with the big "Please Marry Me Daniel Vettori Ph 021..." sign.

Currently watching the SA v Aus match and it looks to be turning to custard for SA after some magic from Symonds.

5. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Yay We Won is not just the next big swimmer to come from China tonight.

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    ?[face_plain]

Ok got it, that one took me a while... hey, its early.

7. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    -- Hey Sil! please tell me you weren't the one with the big "Please Marry Me Daniel Vettori Ph 021..." sign.

LOL! Not my phone number, so no worries there. Enterprising girl though! I missed the game cause the Gold Coast Big Day Out was on at the same time.

8. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Another big match on this afternoon. Can the Aussies do two? I think Mark Waugh has got to go and give his spot to bevan.

I'm hoping Nathan Astle will be ready for our next match. I think Richardson has done his dash.

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    OK so i've just read that Mathew Hayden has just been dropped from the squad for the remainder of the series and Waugh has retained his spot as opener. I was wondering if at all you Aussies had heard of a guy called Darren Lehman? If you don't want him we'll have him!

10. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah, we've heard of him. Maybe if he changes his name to Mark Waugh, and Hayden changes his name to Steve, they might actually get selected......

11. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    Sil, sil, sil!!!!! did you see the prodigy? did they kick ass? im going just for them and new order :) any other recommendations?

Tooooomooooooo

12. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    SA vs Aus, in sydney... SA are 2 down for 10 runs...trying to get updates on the internet always seems slow, even though i am at work...

our bowling seems to be doing the job again. lets hope the batting holds up...

13. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    It's raining.

Why don't they play in Newcastle??? It's fine here.

14. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Tom -- Prodigy rocked! Don't miss: Shihad, Eskimo Joe, Gerling, Something for Kate, Grinspoon, Spiderbait, Garbage, The White Stripes, sonicanimation, Machine Gun Fellatio, New Order, or the Chemical Brothers either!

Stupid rain delay....

15. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    How was Alien Ant Farm?!?!?!

[face_clown]

16. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    S.A all out for 106

Hope it's a quick game. Not for points-sake but so I don't have to continue listening to Eeee-ann Smuuth's commentary, aye? [face_plain]

17. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Aye.

Thanks for the training run SA.

Waugh gets a 50 too. Lots of outside and leading edges in it though. He's booked his place in the side for the next 12 months at least.

18. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    I stayed as far away from their tent as possible, wedge. I really dislike bands like that and System of a Down.

Anyway, we got the bonus point as well, so it should make it interesting re: final standings.

19. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I don't mind System too much, but I heard AAF have called their BDO commitments off. Did they play the Gold Coast gig? Strewth.

Anyway, I got my Jamiroquai tickets! Yay!

[face_clown]

20. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Well, that was an old style thrashing dished out to the South Africans by the Aussies. [face_plain]

But a little dose of reality for just a second: imagine if Australia had to play 3 tough games in 4 days, including back-to-back matches in Brisbane. Maybe it might've been Australia bowled out for 106? But we won't know, because Australia don't have that kind of schedule. *shrugs*

R.

21. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    This is the benefit of holding the tournament on your own territory. Not only is it silly to complain about the schedule being too tough on touring sides because you'll be hosting them soon enough anyway, but your cricketing body inspects and agrees to the tour schedule 15 months in advance.

Amazing how SA weren't complaining a week ago about the schedule...

22. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Jamiroquai tickets? Cool! I got my Mercury Rev tickets yetsterday! :D

Thank god Junior actually got a few runs today.

23. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I don't even know what Mercury Rev is. But if my girlfriend got her way I'd be seeing Groove Armada as well.

:) Not until she sees Metallica though... which'll probably be years off at their current rate.

24. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Sth Africa had a mare!

I am hurt by the Eeeun Smuuth comment! Smithies the only commentater who calls it like it is. You must understand that having to listen to Beall Lawry, Tony Grieg, Tubby Taylor, eeun Chappel and Heals gets rather boring and stagnant after a while. "The Petch is hard and farst" "straight off the meat of the bat" "there's no way in heall the Kiwi's will do it from here"

Ritchies the only we love, mostly because he's just plain funny. "shtoo for two" "It's a moon roof, not uncommon to the sunroof" :D

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, that game was just embarrasing for all concerned.

Aussie no longer bottom of the table. Ahh well, it was nice while it lasted.

As well as White Stripes, you'd do well to check out Jurrasic 5. They were the bomb, as they say ;) They went off in Auckland.

And if you have a hankering for more NZ rock than just Shihad... er "Remote", check out Betchadupa - featunring Neil Finn's kid Liam, and Brent Eccles kid Matt. Kinda Pearl Jam / Crowded House-ish.

And Mercury Rev - Joy. They're playing Auckland too. Saw em last time. Gotta love a band who plays a theremin live on stage!

Starts singing
    Holes
    dug by little moles
    angry jealous spies
    got telephones for eyes...

Heh heh heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.